BT rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT rant

My father-in-law is 71 & living alone 75 miles away, he just moved into a new house on tuesday & was expecting to have his phone connected on the wednesday, when the BT engineer arrived he refused to connect the line because the address he had was slightly different to the actual address, as expected my father-in-law got upset & we tried to sort things out for him, we were given a new connection date of 21st, we weren't happy about it but what can you do, yesterday BT rang us to cancel that connection date because the address details still hadn't been amended but they could connect him thursday the 23rd instead, I was fuming & requested to be connected to the complaints but had to ring a different number which I did, I got passed around for over an hour & by the end of the conversation they informed me that the connection date of the 23rd had been cancelled & they could not issue a new connection date until they speak to my father-in-law.

I tried to explain that he's 71 & living alone 75 miles away but they just shrugged it off with one excuse after another & still they did not log my complaint.

Anyone else had problems with BT? I'm thinking of changing to another telephone service provider, I hate the thought of them taking my money & my father-in-laws money & treating people like this.

Do you know the worst thing about all this? I was speaking to people in India who could not understand half of what I was saying, I even had to swear slowly so they could understand, what the hell has happened to this country? you used to be able to call someone in the UK & sort the problem out in minutes.

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now
    I'm not a complete idiot.......

My kneecap was removed in 1981

Originally posted by rambling angler View Post
    My father-in-law is 71 & living alone 75 miles away, he just moved into a new house on tuesday & was expecting to have his phone connected on the wednesday, when the BT engineer arrived he refused to connect the line because the address he had was slightly different to the actual address, as expected my father-in-law got upset & we tried to sort things out for him, we were given a new connection date of 21st, we weren't happy about it but what can you do, yesterday BT rang us to cancel that connection date because the address details still hadn't been amended but they could connect him thursday the 23rd instead, I was fuming & requested to be connected to the complaints but had to ring a different number which I did, I got passed around for over an hour & by the end of the conversation they informed me that the connection date of the 23rd had been cancelled & they could not issue a new connection date until they speak to my father-in-law.

I tried to explain that he's 71 & living alone 75 miles away but they just shrugged it off with one excuse after another & still they did not log my complaint.

Anyone else had problems with BT? I'm thinking of changing to another telephone service provider, I hate the thought of them taking my money & my father-in-laws money & treating people like this.

Do you know the worst thing about all this? I was speaking to people in India who could not understand half of what I was saying, I even had to swear slowly so they could understand, what the hell has happened to this country? you used to be able to call someone in the UK & sort the problem out in minutes.

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now

yes me

tell them that they are putting your fathers life at risk
    if anything happend to him coz he got no phone to get help
    your going to hold BT fully responsabel if anything happends to him while he has no phone line

it worked for me mate
    with a lot of kicking off like but it worked
    and it was true
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

I'll get my wife to contact them again & try your tip, I was so outraged yesterday that they kept me on the phone for over an hour & never logged the complaint, I just lost it & hung up in the end.
      I'm not a complete idiot.......

My kneecap was removed in 1981

Comment

yep i gave up in the end and went with virgin but tbh,they can be just as bad at times

Comment

BT are CU**S go with any other company nobody can be as bad as them.

good luck
          If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Working...
          X