Cheap tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap tyres

Just thought i`d pass this on. I bought 4 brand new tyres (31x10.5x15) not remolds for £280 fitted and balanced, which i didnt think was bad. I got them from Pellon tyres on pellon lane at Halifax (Yorkshire). I saw them on ebay under 4x4 tyres. they look good and ride really quiet.they are white lettered, called endura a/t runway. worth a look if you need new boots!

Originally posted by sleeticus
    Just thought i`d pass this on. I bought 4 brand new tyres (31x10.5x15) not remolds for £280 fitted and balanced, which i didnt think was bad. I got them from Pellon tyres on pellon lane at Halifax (Yorkshire). I saw them on ebay under 4x4 tyres. they look good and ride really quiet.they are white lettered, called endura a/t runway. worth a look if you need new boots!
    Think Endura are Kumho tyres and they are good. Think TonyN had these.

Sounds like a very good price.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
      Think Endura are Kumho tyres and they are good. Think TonyN had these.

Sounds like a very good price.

Cheers
      If they are Khumo's then they should be good... the Pick up had 35" Khumo M/T's as road tyres - 2 years on still plenty of wear in them.
      The grey truck also has Khumo M/T's 31" - they were £268 fitted and balanced and are great off road. Khumo A/Ts 31" - quoted £228 for 4 fitted and balanced last week. Both from Micheldever Tyres
      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Actually had a look and they are Kumhos.

The only thing I can find about them is a review on a Triumph Spitfire / GT6 owners page, didn't rate them at all, mind you the requirements for a Spitfire are a bit different to that of a 4X4.

They seem to be a budget make - probably one of the big manufacturers like Dunlop or Pirelli who often make budget tyres in the far east under a different name. Bit like Courier tyres which are budget Pirellis and my Daughter has them on her Fiesta.

One interesting thing I have found on these types of Budget tyres is that the roadholding is less than on a mainstream tyre, however the tyre life is amazing. They seem to use far harder compounds and the walls go long before the tread runs out.

Would be interested in your opinions Sleeticus on how they perform. They certainly are a good price.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by sleeticus
          My father in-law has the same tyres on his Mitsi Challenger and he recommends them, he swears they stopped a vibration he was plagued with for months and tried others before having these fitted.

Comment

Thanks for feedback guys, up to now I have imediately noticed a quieter ride and better handling. I`ll keep you posted on the rate of wear etc.,

Comment

Working...
            X