need a part!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a part!

wondering if one of you many people that take surfs apart can help?

i am after a part that can only be described as "that bit that joins the track rod end to the wheel hub" and its on the passenger side (dont say near or off side. thats the sillyest thing ive heard. ever. what if your working on a foreign car?.) D

anyways, it goes on the end of the track rod end, and is bolted to the hub with two bolts. i have pictures of the bit im after, but cannot upload a photo right now.

thanks in advance
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
    wondering if one of you many people that take surfs apart can help?

i am after a part that can only be described as "that bit that joins the track rod end to the wheel hub" and its on the passenger side (dont say near or off side. thats the sillyest thing ive heard. ever. what if your working on a foreign car?.) D

anyways, it goes on the end of the track rod end, and is bolted to the hub with two bolts. i have pictures of the bit im after, but cannot upload a photo right now.

thanks in advance
    Is your truck left or right hand drive?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

are you on about the L shape part thats fixed to the hub the track rod end goes through
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        are you on about the L shape part thats fixed to the hub the track rod end goes through
        yea but its not quite L shaped. more banana shaped?
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          Is your truck left or right hand drive?
          its a surf. right hand drive
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

its a surf. right hand drive
            The passenger side can move, the nearside never moves, doesn't matter if your car is foreign or not. That's the point I was trying to make.

Comment

The passenger side can move, the nearside never moves, doesn't matter if your car is foreign or not. That's the point I was trying to make.
              in that case, ive probably been incorrectly informed about what nearside and offside means...

i was told nearside means near to the curb.
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

in that case, ive probably been incorrectly informed about what nearside and offside means...

i was told nearside means near to the curb.
                It's an incredibly common misconception and an easy way to remember the rule in the UK...

...But Nearside and Offside are as static as Port and Starboard. N/S and O/S go back to times way before we had mechanical transport. It started with Ox and Horse drawn carts, the left of an animal was and still is the Nearside.

Comment

It's an incredibly common misconception and an easy way to remember the rule in the UK...

...But Nearside and Offside are as static as Port and Starboard. N/S and O/S go back to times way before we had mechanical transport. It started with Ox and Horse drawn carts, the left of an animal was and still is the Nearside.
                  port and starboard?
                  now your just trying to confuse!

i thank yaw for hexplaining!
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                  X