Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
    hence wot i said bouyt earlier bout car tax
    To do this, I'd need to extend the insurance, then tax it - which costs more than hiring a trailer for a week - so won't be doing that.

It's OK - I'll call some trailer hire places in the morning - just a long shot to see if anyone on here had one I could borrow...
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
      To do this, I'd need to extend the insurance, then tax it - which costs more than hiring a trailer for a week - so won't be doing that.

It's OK - I'll call some trailer hire places in the morning - just a long shot to see if anyone on here had one I could borrow...
      did nt mean it like that,wot im sayin is u could try and get them to take it,but theres the chance they will refuse

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
        did nt mean it like that,wot im sayin is u could try and get them to take it,but theres the chance they will refuse
        Oh right - sorry mate....

I'll call a recovery guy in Brum tomorrow too - see what he'll charge..

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
          Oh right - sorry mate....

I'll call a recovery guy in Brum tomorrow too - see what he'll charge..
          lol i wasnt the one who suggesting taxing it,seemed common sense there was a reason it wasnt mot'd n taxed lol

Comment

In brief, information from the Department for Transport states that "when an A-frame is attached to a vehicle (e.g. a motor car) and towed by a motor vehicle (e.g. a motorhome) we believe the A-frame and car become a single unit and as such are classified in legislation as a trailer". "We believe the use of A- frames to tow cars behind other vehicles is legal provided the braking and lighting requirements are met".

http://www.caratow.com/faq.php
            Nice V8

Comment

I still can't believe this thread!

If I remember correctly, a car with an expired MOT and tax is still driveable.

Ask a Polish bloke or a spotty CHAV with a baseball cap under a hoodie to drive for you, they're doing it every day without prosecution.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                I still can't believe this thread!

If I remember correctly, a car with an expired MOT and tax is still driveable.

Ask a Polish bloke or a spotty CHAV with a baseball cap under a hoodie to drive for you, they're doing it every day without prosecution.
                Stop Chavmongering Vince - honestly!!!

The car is not taxed cos we haven't used it since April - it's not got an MOT as it doesn't need one yet - simple as that.

Anyway - I've think I've sorted it for £30!

Comment

Working...
                X