What do you guys think ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think ??

Here is a pic of the beauty I am considering buying for £7800, what do you guys think (she is 95 model)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Nudger; 23 September 2003, 16:31.

Originally posted by Nudger
    Here is a pic of the beauty I am considering buying for £7800, what do you guys think (she is 96 model)
    Looks nice but looks can be deceptive.
    Should have seen my wife when I first looked.....
    Keith
    I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Originally posted by Nudger
      Here is a pic of the beauty I am considering buying for £7800, what do you guys think (she is 96 model)
      Looks a nice truck, if it's in as good condition as it looks I think you are getting a good one. Check over everything though and see if you can get to see the original import papers and auction papers from Japan to check the mileage.

Price seems about right to me, seen more expensive and cheaper as well so it's really down to condition. If you aren't confident checking it out yourself get and RAC inspection if you can or make sure the warranty is worth having - i.e none of the more normal exceptions like they don't cover things if there is an "r" in the month or if you actually drive the car.

Hope it's everything it looks like, white ones aren't so common and I've never seen that brand of graphics on a real car (only on the Toyota Parts Catalog CD).

Cheers

Comment

But it isn't white it is metalic silver ?

Comment

I've never seen that brand of graphics on a real car (only on the Toyota Parts Catalog CD).

Cheers[/QUOTE]
          Andy
          Is there anywhere those graphics can be ordered ?
          Keith
          I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

looks nice Nudger, Hope you buy and are as pleased as I was with my Surf Purchase. Heart does tend to rule, when ya see it, but I did take some good pre armed advice from the guys on here when I went back to the dealer, and so far so good.....very pleased

Comment

Originally posted by hormygollop
              I've never seen that brand of graphics on a real car (only on the Toyota Parts Catalog CD).

Cheers
              Andy
              Is there anywhere those graphics can be ordered ?
              Keith[/QUOTE]

Keith.

I doubt it. I have never tried however I think they would have been long discontinued. The only option would be to print the graphics from the EPC disc and take them to a Auto Graphics / Sticker company and have them made.

Nudger.
              Sorry, going blind, don't see too many Silver ones around either. I did test drive one myself (1995 M reg 3.0TD) but it was too expensive at £8995 and there was a question about how genuine the mileage was (from 2 test drives it had 2 different mileages).

Still looks a nice motor in Silver.

Cheers

Comment

You tell me??
                the graphics are in poor condition and I will be removing them as they are hanging off (the pic is very complimentary)

Comment

Looks nice enough but there are plenty around. As a guide I paid around £4.5k for my '94 from a dealer in Dublin including SVA. but obviously no warranty and unregistered, but you should have some leeway on price if you fancy negotiating with him. Don't forget to check on insurance costs as well.
                  '94 3.0TD SSR-G Limited Green over Silver, mmmmmmmmmm!

Comment

doh! forgot about your post on insurance!
                    '94 3.0TD SSR-G Limited Green over Silver, mmmmmmmmmm!

Comment

nudger you are just down the road from me. nice one mate. where are you buying it from
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                      (")_(")

Comment

looks really good

make sure you see the de registration papers from japan

If you got a machanic mate get him to have a look. the RAC inspection on mine totally missed oil leaks on the vacuum pump and front diff.
                        ScubaSurf

The place to be is under the sea

Comment

Cheers to you all for the advice.
                          I should be OK with the mechanical side as I was a mechanic for 8 years so no worries there (no doubt I will miss stuff but should be able to put it right without too much hassle)

Marky
                          Hi to a local
                          I am looking to buy a surf from a place in Oldham called car planet trade centre they appear to be as good as any.
                          Went down to the freeport place at Liverpool docks to see their surfs on Monday but they are shut down ?? Another dealer in the area told us that they had been shut down by the bailifs ?
                          Does anyone know of any suppliers in the Manchester or NW area?

Comment

nudger i bought mine from freeport, seemed ok got a good truck price was ok & aftersales ok. someone told me they where owned by another jap import company down south. there is a jap import auction at the docks in l/pool. place in woolston in warrington but everything was 2k overpriced in comparison to freeport, i wasnt happy with there sales people. did'nt have a clue.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                            (")_(")

Comment

Freeport

Marky
                              I went down to Freeport on a special journey but only to find the place locked up, I was told by a guy in a local unit that they have been shut down by the balifs ?????

Comment

Working...
                              X