Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love it & its it bits... :-)

Hi all,

Picked up my big red Surf today from the docks - fantastic drive home - cruised very happily at 70 / 3000rpm - I love it as does the wife and kids who helped to wash it - shame I have of get rid of it.

Any how its now in bits - the speedo unit is in front of me but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the speedo needle off. I have tried gentle pursuasion but it ain't working - any tips as I don't want to break it?

Secondly having had a look at the wiring - whats the best method in finding the sidelight cable so I can tap into it for the fog light? I really need some basic instruction here. I want to get it in for the MOT asap.

Onto other stuff - I know its been asked before - whats the red button in front of the gear shift.

I've got a nifty little Starbo Dual Mode Auto Start & Full Auto Turbo Timer - que?

And finally which I found strange when I got them - its a camper van as said the de-reg docs - and yup it does have a futon type bed in the back with a stove too! When it gets registered here - is it as a camper van? Any advantages? Extra bonus to say the least as with the whooping stereo / speaker system

Gorgeous beast never the less. :-)

Pictures to come...

Phil
    Hoops

The difference between stupidity and genius.... is that genius has its limits!!

hoops
    had mine a few days now and i like it more and more,
    the red button you mention is so that you can move the car without messing with the auto box i think one of the super dooper guys on here will know as for the other bits to do with the speedo aint got a clue mate good luck though and enjoy i know we will. P.S why as it got to go
    Dave
    if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Any how its now in bits - the speedo unit is in front of me but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the speedo needle off. I have tried gentle pursuasion but it ain't working - any tips as I don't want to break it?

Use a fork from the kitchen it works as a good lever to pull it off.

And finally which I found strange when I got them - its a camper van as said the de-reg docs - and yup it does have a futon type bed in the back with a stove too! When it gets registered here - is it as a camper van? Any advantages? Extra bonus to say the least as with the whooping stereo / speaker system

It may get reg a camper,but this will not be any advantage to you,some of mine have been like this,but that was a way of avoiding the sva test.

Comment

Originally posted by hoops
        Hi all,

Picked up my big red Surf today from the docks - fantastic drive home - cruised very happily at 70 / 3000rpm - I love it as does the wife and kids who helped to wash it - shame I have of get rid of it.

Secondly having had a look at the wiring - whats the best method in finding the sidelight cable so I can tap into it for the fog light? I really need some basic instruction here. I want to get it in for the MOT asap.

Onto other stuff - I know its been asked before - whats the red button in front of the gear shift.

I've got a nifty little Starbo Dual Mode Auto Start & Full Auto Turbo Timer - que?

Gorgeous beast never the less. :-)

Pictures to come...

Phil
        phil the red button enables you to move the gear selector while engine is off. so you can fit new stereo as it gets in the way. also useful for other maintenance things
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Cool - thanks for the tips - I managed to get the needle off but messed up the new dial with oily fingers!!

Think I may have sorted the fog light wiring too - though will lay that later in the week.

Its gotta go coz I'm moving to India at the begining of May and can't take it with me - :-(
          Hoops

The difference between stupidity and genius.... is that genius has its limits!!

Comment

if i give you my address you can send us a few curries over
            if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Working...
            X