Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all from a real newbie

Hi all the site looks realy good,
    I am kinda bad with the typing thing but here goes, I have just bought an ssr-x surf automatic with the 2.4 td engine its my first surf and hopefuly will last longer than my last 4x4 (isuzu trooper). from what i have seen on your site it looks as though you guys have a lot of fun off road with the surfs you have, if i wanted to take mine for some more than average off roading can you suggest any importent points that need to be addressed before doing so any help will be very welcom as although i am a mech by trade i realy dont have much idea on where to start with 4x4s thanks everyone

Originally posted by Lickit
    I am kinda bad with the typing thing but here goes, I have just bought an ssr-x surf automatic with the 2.4 td engine its my first surf and hopefuly will last longer than my last 4x4 (isuzu trooper). from what i have seen on your site it looks as though you guys have a lot of fun off road with the surfs you have, if i wanted to take mine for some more than average off roading can you suggest any importent points that need to be addressed before doing so any help will be very welcom as although i am a mech by trade i realy dont have much idea on where to start with 4x4s thanks everyone
    Hi ,
    And welcome to the nut house .
    Just make sure your rear fog lamp is mounted nice and low so it can be knocked off first time out off road and then a picture taken and posted on the forum !!

Anything else I can not help with .I am just a Suzuki boy from 'the basement '

Rick
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
      Hi ,
      And welcome to the nut house .
      Just make sure your rear fog lamp is mounted nice and low so it can be knocked off first time out off road and then a picture taken and posted on the forum !!

Anything else I can not help with .I am just a Suzuki boy from 'the basement '

Rick
      Rick....Rick...get back down there..... who left that door open.... you've been told about that... will you never learn....
      Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Originally posted by Helen
        Rick....Rick...get back down there..... who left that door open.... you've been told about that... will you never learn....
        One of you lot nicked the light bulb !

So I came up here for a look see and welcome a new victim/member

Rick

Comment

I digress

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
          One of you lot nicked the light bulb !

So I came up here for a look see and welcome a new victim/member

Rick
          We leave the bulb out coz if you're left in the dark, your hair won't grow so fast...... seeee.....perfick logic.... he he he

Sorry 'bout that.... he doesn't get out much......... welcome to the loony bin, there's loads of info on here, I've only been on here a couple of months and found the whole experience terrifying !!!! they're friendly really, as long as you feed them.....
          Last edited by Helen; 20 April 2004, 16:56. Reason: Sorry
          Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Originally posted by Helen
            We leave the bulb out coz if you're left in the dark, your hair won't grow so fast...... seeee.....perfick logic.... he he he

Sorry 'bout that.... he doesn't get out much......... welcome to the loony bin, there's loads of info on here, I've only been on here a couple of months and found the whole experience terrifying !!!! they're friendly really, as long as you feed them.....
            Yeah , and who does the feeding ?

Rick

Comment

Help

Help i just got the new surf home and tried to insure it but the company i am with wont touch it with a barge pole can any of you suggest a good company to try?

Comment

Help i just got the new surf home and tried to insure it but the company i am with wont touch it with a barge pole can any of you suggest a good company to try?
                Hi Lickit,

I too am a Newbie, having been here for less than a month, I have my 3.0L SSR-X insured through Tesco - they can help.

Trev
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Hi and welcome to the madness,If you look under FAQ's on the front page you should find a thead on insurance, or do a search.

I'm with footman james under £400 for me & wife fully com no claims protected & breakdown cover.

www.footmanjames.co.uk
                  I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Hi
                    I am new to all this too, got my insurance through "prestige" insurance found in yellow pages, cheaper than tesco's by about £50, me and missus fully comp (have points for speeding) £420 with Protected no-claims.
                    If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
                    I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi, welcome to surfonism.
                      If your only going now and then, not to much to do. Make sure all the joints etc are greased up, all have grease nipples so easy to do. Could fit diff breathers for wading (20 min job) and make sure if your wading in it don't go in water above the headlights as the air intake is directly behind the passenger side headlight.
                      All in all for you average day out its drive drive drive.
                      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                      My choice
                      Back off

Comment

thanks for the help guys

i have gone with tesco's although to get the quote anywhere near what i was paying for the trooper i had to bite the bullet and take an excess of £1150 so no bending the new toy for a bit lol, there are far too many buttons in it for me to look at but atleast thanks to the faq i know what they do. so soon as i can i will get some pics of it so you lot can pass judgement all i can say is it feels so differant from the trooper where i could get nearly a quarter turn out of the steering wheel before the front wheels moved

Comment

thanks koi

am i right in thinking that if the water is that high i am going to get very wet lol

Comment

You'll flood the engine????

Comment

am i right in thinking that if the water is that high i am going to get very wet lol

Nah take a look at the videos on the main web site, Norfolk and Reading for some deep water. As long as the door seals are good you won't get wet, as a temp thing other than fitting a snorkel the air inlet tube can be disconnected from the filter box and the rubber elbow turned up (2 min job) giving you about another 7" or so of wading depth.
                              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                              My choice
                              Back off

Comment

Working...
                              X