wots wrong with it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wots wrong with it ?

since i got back from rtts somethings been wrong with my surf .if i pull away on full right lock the offside wheel (i THINK) feels as though it tryes to drive but looses grip even on tarmac it feels like its tring to pull away on gravel even in 2wd sorry thats the only way i can describe it . last week i had a mate fit an inner CV boot driving the car home i noticed that when i braked i got bad steering wheel wobble the faster I'm going when i break the wers it is i took my car in to PTA for a tracking check they said the couldn't do it as my wheels were to big (standard surf alloy's) took it to ATS and was told that the steering box needed adjusting but they couldn't do that it and as my wheels were to big i had to take it to a garage that could work on commercials is this pi55 steve off day .some ideas as to wot wrong with m car would be a help before i hand it over to a garage

I had a problem with the wheels causing a wobble when i brake , I found it to be warped front discs . Changed them and ran sweet as !!!

Just a suggestion
    I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Do you mean the wheel spins when you say loses grip? Check your tyre pressures.
      The juddering is most likely warped brake discs.
      The steering box can't be adjusted at a tyre monkey shop.
      I get my tracking done at a little back street tyre fitters, only costs 20 quid. I have 31" tyres.

Comment

I wouldn't take it back there either, how dare they tell you your tyres are too big!! do you get any noise from the power steering when under load? did you do any heavy breaking then any water splashes at the SRTTS? just wondering if the temp change could warp your disks?!?

good luck getting it sorted, i seem to have a problem with my power steering too, makes a weird noise when cold and under stress, ie turning the wheel!! mine started after the SRTTS too but it might be cos i got myself wedged between two trees and had a branch through the wheel arch and into the engine bay!!
        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

god all these problems arising since the rtts means i'm gonna end up with the same reputation as biohazzard
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

If its rear tyres (which I HOPE it is, you shouldn't be using 4 wheel drive on tarmac) are you sure you dont have an LSD? A slight bit of tyre noise isn't unusual in very tight turns.

Also, you'll learn not to use the likes of Quick Fart for the truck. If its not a Vectreo, they dont have a clue.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

i took my surf to get tracking done, and was told they cant do 4x4's... i stupidly asked why (when i knew the answer was because theyre school reject idiots) and i just got some waffle and mumbles and i left before he could finish his nonsense.

i took it to the second place who tried to do the tracking (bless 'em) but it was 'too stiff'. he was actually talking about the surf. so i'll take it to someone who doesnt look like a stick man, and who can actually work.
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy View Post
                I wouldn't take it back there either, how dare they tell you your tyres are too big!! do you get any noise from the power steering when under load? did you do any heavy breaking then any water splashes at the SRTTS? just wondering if the temp change could warp your disks?!?

good luck getting it sorted, i seem to have a problem with my power steering too, makes a weird noise when cold and under stress, ie turning the wheel!! mine started after the SRTTS too but it might be cos i got myself wedged between two trees and had a branch through the wheel arch and into the engine bay!!
                Have you run out of power steering fluid???
                Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

take it to a comercial truck place got mine done there after the same problems with ATS!! normally find them on trading estates and the like.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                    i took my surf to get tracking done, and was told they cant do 4x4's... i stupidly asked why (when i knew the answer was because theyre school reject idiots) and i just got some waffle and mumbles and i left before he could finish his nonsense.

i took it to the second place who tried to do the tracking (bless 'em) but it was 'too stiff'. he was actually talking about the surf. so i'll take it to someone who doesnt look like a stick man, and who can actually work.
                    I took my other pride and joy ( 92 Merc ) to Kwik Git for an oil change ( cos I was feeling a bit lazy, it doesnt cost any more than DIY and you dont have oil to dispose of) I knew the sump plug was a bit "rounded" so I took along a new one. " Sorry mate we cant do it, that plug needs to be removed professionally " So they admit that they are not professionals and I have taken note. Had to go home and do it myself, god knows how that worked as Im a rank amateur. Good thing the sump plug didnt know that or it might have refused to come out. I suppose the Kwik Git amateurs were just scared that it would round more and end up donald ducked but they really dont inspire any confidence do they ? and these self confessed amateurs are doing brakes ????

Bogus

Bogus
                    Сви можемо

Comment

hi all a very big thanks to all that responded to my post its Nice to now that there are so many people on here that will try and help . well i took the car to another garage that could do the tracking on a 4x4 and it was way out (HE SAID) i also got him to re balance the front wheels to check the condition of the brakes .brakes were fine . the cars great .cant wait until Sunday 'woodlands' .well thanks again and all the best steve.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                        god all these problems arising since the rtts means i'm gonna end up with the same reputation as biohazzard
                        Only problem I had was not being able to get it dirty enough. Will be back next year to try harder

Comment

thats why we're here Steve to help the needy and take the p155 out the rest.
                          Glad its sorted mate

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                            Richard having to get the tracking done on the truck is a very small price to pay for a brilliant weekend off roading in Cornwall cant wait until next year in fact can you put our names on the list now. and would it be possible to have a green lane week end ? as we were very pi55ed that we mised the lains last time . all the best m8 steve & trina

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
                              Richard having to get the tracking done on the truck is a very small price to pay for a brilliant weekend off roading in Cornwall cant wait until next year in fact can you put our names on the list now. and would it be possible to have a green lane week end ? as we were very pi55ed that we mised the lains last time . all the best m8 steve & trina
                              I will certainly try to arrange a weekends laning for earlier in the year for those who will want it.The numbers will need to be limited to 12 tho as there's only a couple of us that know the routes unless i can get someone else to learn the routes.
                              Mandy will get those pics sorted for Trina aswell hopefully tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                              X