t belt light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t belt light?

hi peeps y t belt light just came on.. ok i know what it is but dose it come on at a sertain time eg sertain mileage??? just done 170000 and it came on as the 170000 came up so is it just to say it needs changeing at that mileage ???
    also is it an inturnal or exturnal belt??? as the belts that you can see look fine .so any help please ..
    oh hi and hope all is well

Mine came on at that to mate, would advize to have it changed cos if that goes it will cost u a lot more than a timing belt, unless u have proof that it was done not so long ago, am no mechanic but a dont like lights coming on when they not meant to or as a warning

Comment

replied in the other thread
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

If it came on at 170,000 then someone pressed the button at 70,000 as it comes on every 100,000 units since reset. It bare no relation to the actual state of the belt, the milage dial thing just trips the light every 100K.

Like the others said, if you know it been changed, just reset it, if not change the belt anyway, its easy enough.

It should have first come on at 100k, so why it was reset at 70k is a mystery, unless previous owner was a little paraniod.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

big thanks chaps and chapesses i will have it looked at and reset

Comment

Working...
          X