Side exit exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side exit exhaust

Finally got round to making up my side exit exhaust after ripping the standard one off months ago.
    I bought a Jetex silencer, a 90 degree bend and a length of straight, all in 2.5" bore.
    The silencer clamps straight to the original flexi section which I cut off just before the flexi bit, then its simple a straight run back to the bend and finished with a rolled lip tail pipe which rather strangely came off a lifted 4x4 Transit - it had a nice bend to it which I faced forwards to gain a little more tyre clearance so it should be 33" future proof. I modified the original hanger to take a U-clamp to hang it all. Hopefully Mr MOT man will be ok with it, not sure if it sticks out far enough but I wanted to protect it whilst off road.
    I was worried that a single small silencer would be a bit loud but to my surprise its only a tad bit noisier than the original, but gives a nice almost sporty sound.
    Anyway, some pics...

Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Excellent!
    Same silencer as mine, although mine is a 3" bore and the truck is awesomely loud!

Comment

Very nice.

There's nothing in the manual about it having to clear the body.

Comment

eye i like that looks a nice job there matey
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

doesn't it cause any problems exiting so close to the tyre? No probs with unburnt fuel straight onto the tread?

Tidy job though!
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

looks good ,
            do you have a part number for the box ?
            john
            i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Looks like you could do with angling it down a tad though. Granted, water will burn off when hot/running, but it looks like it could pool in that pipe when cold.

Comment

Originally posted by johnd View Post
                looks good ,
                john
                http://www.jetex.co.uk/website/custom_parts.php

Comment

nice job, but won't facing it forward restrict the exhaust gases getting out. causing a back log of smoke and thus reducing performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dodge View Post
                    Very nice.

There's nothing in the manual about it having to clear the body.
                    Thats good then, I thought gases had to exit within a certain distance from the body.

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                    doesn't it cause any problems exiting so close to the tyre? No probs with unburnt fuel straight onto the tread?

Tidy job though!
                    Guess I will find out soon enough! Its actually as far from the tyre as it could possibly be so i am hoping its far enough, if not then hello to N/S/R burn outs!

Originally posted by johnd View Post
                    looks good ,
                    john
                    I got it all from here... http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/EX...673/index.html the silencer is the 420mm long 125mm diameter one.

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                    nice job, but won't facing it forward restrict the exhaust gases getting out. causing a back log of smoke and thus reducing performance
                    I would have thought the exit pressure was greater than the potential ram air effect, but I guess only time will tell.
                    Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

thanks mate that looks better than what i was going to do .
                      john
                      i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Same as i did mine and had no trouble with it being to close to the tyre, and it angles up like yours, it does collect a bit of water but soon chucks it out (up my garage wall) runs a lot better to, as for mot we'll soon see
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                          Same as i did mine and had no trouble with it being to close to the tyre, and it angles up like yours, it does collect a bit of water but soon chucks it out (up my garage wall) runs a lot better to, as for mot we'll soon see
                          do u not sleep man???lol

Comment

I did a side exit for my cabriolet..got all the materials from a company called 'pipewerx' they have an ebay store & were pretty cheap. Very helpful too..

Comment

Thats where i got my box and flexy, very helpfull as you say,
                              aye andy, i try, woke up at 3am and could'nt get off again so got up, went back to bed at 6am and the bl00dy dog woke me up ten minuits later wanting a slash so stay'd up, feel like shoit now
                              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                              X