Excuse my ignorance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excuse my ignorance!

I'm looking to buy a surf 2.4td in the not to distant future.Is there anything I should be aware of when checking it over for the first time and take it for a test drive etc.Thank you.
    Also,is there anybody in the N.E.London/Essex area where I could see a surf that is 'straight' so I know what I'm looking at when I see it.In addition would anybody be willing to come and test drive/check the vehicle with me when the time comes it would be most appreciated,thanking you in anticipation.
    CURRY-ER

Originally posted by Duncan
    I'm looking to buy a surf 2.4td in the not to distant future.Is there anything I should be aware of when checking it over for the first time and take it for a test drive etc.Thank you.
    Also,is there anybody in the N.E.London/Essex area where I could see a surf that is 'straight' so I know what I'm looking at when I see it.In addition would anybody be willing to come and test drive/check the vehicle with me when the time comes it would be most appreciated,thanking you in anticipation.
    Where abouts are you?

Comment

South Woodford,E18.Just Sth. of Epping or base of M11/A406 junctions.Thanks for the quick reply,cheers.
      CURRY-ER

Comment

yep me

hiya mate im in dagenham just up the road from you and would be pleased to assist you in other words il come with ya no probs m8 how much you spending theres one at the top of me for 6 grand 30l red looks nice let me know
        black n tan
        black n tan
        yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

South Woodford,E18.Just Sth. of Epping or base of M11/A406 junctions.Thanks for the quick reply,cheers.
          I'm sure slydog will be of more assistance than me, but if he can't make it or you're looking over Hertford way just let me know and i'll be happy to help all i can,

Nick.

Comment

Cheers guys,the one I'm looking at is in Hi.Wycombe £4.5k 55k miles on a K plate,2.4td,looks good.What do you think?
            SlyDog can We meet so that I can see under the bonnet of a surf and you can explain any nitty-gritty etc. So that fore warned is fore armed as they say,many thanks again guys,cheers!
            CURRY-ER

Comment

yea course

yea sure m8 im at work tonight but tomorrow daytime is ok with me or after tomorrow any evening as im back on days
              black n tan
              black n tan
              yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Anytime good for me as I'm at home looking after young son,let me know by p/m if you want to meet at mine or yours or somewhere between,many thanks.
                SurfnTurf,I'll keep in touch,cheers!!
                CURRY-ER

Comment

mail

duncan you have mail
                  black n tan
                  black n tan
                  yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

On the same lines

Anyonee down in sunny Cornwall? I would also like to buy but don't really have a clue what to look out for. I am keeping my eye on Cornwall 4x4 in Falmouth, they seem to get a few in. I do need to sell my car first so I am in no immediate hurry but would also like some advice on what to look out for.
                    Cheers

Comment

Have a look on e-bay some fella was selling one with 44k on the clock for £3800.He also had a London phone number.......gentleman farmer probs?
                      CURRY-ER

Comment

Hi duncan, i am new to surfs also and have just bought a 1990 2.4td for 3k, you are welcome to pop and have a look over it if it helps in anyway, i am in Wickford, Essex so not too far from Slydog.
                        Happy hunting!!
                        If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
                        I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

Anytime good for me as I'm at home looking after young son,let me know by p/m if you want to meet at mine or yours or somewhere between,many thanks.
                          SurfnTurf,I'll keep in touch,cheers!!
                          Good luck with the first drive mate, let us know how you get on.

Comment

After meeting 'slydog' I am even more convinced of getting a surf.S'n'T check-out my thread 'many thanks'.Will keep you posted,cheers.
                            CURRY-ER

Comment

Working...
                            X