Steering rack Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering rack Problems

Does anyone know of any other Toyota steering racks that will fit a 3rd Gen has mine has packed up, and Toyota have quoted me a £1000 just for the rack

EEEEK!!

Will you get it fixed for next weekend Pete?
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by 4 Runner View Post
      Does anyone know of any other Toyota steering racks that will fit a 3rd Gen has mine has packed up, and Toyota have quoted me a £1000 just for the rack
      What do you mean by 'packed up'?

It's usually just the rack mounting bushes that wear out making the steering sloppy.
      Can you still steer at all?

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=11&cid=172

Comment

Originally posted by 4 Runner View Post
        TRY YOUR LOCAL MOTOR FACTORS, I AM SURE THEY CAN HELP, WE LIST SOME BUT NEED MORE DETAILS, ALSO I AM A LITTLE FAR FROM YOU.

Comment

The steering rack is actually moving about in the tube that it fits in, I am going to a local breaker tomorrow they say they have got one and only want £100 for it
          So hopefully I will still be going to the River Deep Mountain High trip as I have had to cancel a weekends of roading in Wales this weekend

Comment

Working...
          X