Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• funny moment;

yesterday i went docs for a check up
    all is fine as was expected, but i had to give a pee sample.
    i was a bit shocked by the tests, but i tried not to think about it, i give blood when i can and as soon as they are finished taking blood i usually go right back to work. dont get the shakes or anything...

so i go into the loo, and lock the door, and start the process..
    to cut a long story short, i passed out during, hit my head on the door and hit my nose on the toilet as i went down, and wake up on the floor soaked.

think it was because i missed breakfast. wasnt funny at the time.
    hopefully my story will cheer some of you up. lol
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Jees - next time I miss breakfast, I'm sitting down to pee!
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
      i was a bit shocked by the tests, but i tried not to think about it, i give blood when i can and as soon as they are finished taking blood i usually go right back to work. dont get the shakes or anything...

to cut a long story short, i passed out during, hit my head on the door and hit my nose on the toilet as i went down, and wake up on the floor soaked.

Ha ha ha nice, When I went for mine I had to fast for 12 hours so they could check my glucose levels and stuff. She was diggin round for ages to find my vein and when she had finaly finished sat me in reception an told me I could go if I felt ok. Went all cold, nearly passed out and just managed to get to the loo before throwing up everywhere. Was awful - had to stay in the surgery for ages until I was well enought to drive. Ended up late for trucks MOT beause of it. Funny isnt it as not that much blood was taken. Never again.
      How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

dude been there is not nice i have to be very carfull now even at blood tests
        hope your all right

i first passed out in 2003 but i was out for over 2 hours
        i had no idea of a heatwave i was just working too hard in the sun
        i was kept in hostpital for 2 and half weeks
        i had nearly no salt in my blood witch is very risky
        my colestrol was 17.5
        yep i nearl died or was on apoint of a stroke
        i have to slow down a little the docs says
        what at 28 years old?
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
          dude been there is not nice i have to be very carfull now even at blood tests
          hope your all right

i first passed out in 2003 but i was out for over 2 hours
          i had no idea of a heatwave i was just working too hard in the sun
          i was kept in hostpital for 2 and half weeks
          i had nearly no salt in my blood witch is very risky
          my colestrol was 17.5
          yep i nearl died or was on apoint of a stroke
          i have to slow down a little the docs says
          what at 28 years old?
          i was reading about what happens to you when you get too hot... propper risky area! make sure you take in enough water is an important factor. but just 2 or 3c hotter than your body temp will make you seriously ill.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
            Ha ha ha nice, When I went for mine I had to fast for 12 hours so they could check my glucose levels and stuff. She was diggin round for ages to find my vein and when she had finaly finished sat me in reception an told me I could go if I felt ok. Went all cold, nearly passed out and just managed to get to the loo before throwing up everywhere. Was awful - had to stay in the surgery for ages until I was well enough to drive. Ended up late for trucks MOT beause of it. Funny isnt it as not that much blood was taken. Never again.

Not meant to sound like I am laffin' at you btw

Mine is down to stress -they now tell me. Trying to control it as I really don't want to go on to betablockers.
            Last edited by Bibs; 26 September 2008, 15:32. Reason: Crap typin'

Comment

Mine is down to stress -they now tell me. Trying to control it as I really don't want to go onot betablockers.
              dont stress!
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Mine is down to stress -they now tell me. Trying to control it as I really don't want to go onot betablockers.
                dont want to worry you but my stress (which I didnt realise I had) gave me a heart episode - turns out I had to have stents fitted to keep the arteries open
                now I just try to keep a little calmer....not easy with so much to rant about nowadays!!
                Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires View Post
                  dont want to worry you but my stress (which I didnt realise I had) gave me a heart episode - turns out I had to have stents fitted to keep the arteries open
                  now I just try to keep a little calmer....not easy with so much to rant about nowadays!!
                  please take it easy!!
                  whats the medical term for stress? how can they say you're stressed? is grey hairs at 23 stressed?
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

dont stress!
                    Aww thanks.

Originally posted by fatfires View Post

Oh right thats nice to know - cheers

Only jokin' thing is you don't actually realise till it starts to effect your health and then its too ###### late

Know what you mean - green in - orange out

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X