What to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to buy

I,ve got money burning a hole in my pocket what can I realistically expect to get for £5500-£6000 my local garage says I,ve no chance of a decent 3.0 litre for that money are they right or just trying to get me to pay over the odds for a 2.4(they dont have any 3.0 in stock at the moment)

Originally posted by Leodis
    I,ve got money burning a hole in my pocket what can I realistically expect to get for £5500-£6000 my local garage says I,ve no chance of a decent 3.0 litre for that money are they right or just trying to get me to pay over the odds for a 2.4(they dont have any 3.0 in stock at the moment)

They are trying to get one over on you, have a look on the for sales section on here. You should be able to pick up around an L reg 3.0 for around that money, I know a couple of people who paid that sort of money for one.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

I dont reckon you'll get a 3rd gen tho for your money.

Comment

the 96+ surfs with average mileage here in south gloucestershire are between 7.5k and 10k
        NOGGIN: '96 3.0L TD SSR-G Electric blue...
        'Rum:so much more than a breakfast drink'!

Comment

Originally posted by nogginthenog
          the 96+ surfs with average mileage here in south gloucestershire are between 7.5k and 10k

Yep 3rd gens may be out of this price but 3.0 2nd gens aren't.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

fair enough-i sort of assumed 3.0l with third generation!

Comment

Originally posted by nogginthenog
              hey noggin'
              have a look down on north street in bedminster. last week they had a white 3rd gen...........can't remember the price but it didn't seem unreasonable at the time. the only thing i noticed was a small bump on the rear bumper other wise it looked good................hope this helps.

see ya'll
              Planty

Comment

i've got one mate-i was referring to something else!!
                thanks anyway

Comment

is replying to your own messages the first sign of madness.........????

just to say sorry guys, i didn't read all the other stuff properly first. leeds is rather a long way from bristol...............ehhh

see ya'll
                  Planty

Comment

Originally posted by Planty
                    hey noggin'
                    have a look down on north street in bedminster. last week they had a white 3rd gen...........can't remember the price but it didn't seem unreasonable at the time. the only thing i noticed was a small bump on the rear bumper other wise it looked good................hope this helps.

see ya'll
                    Planty
                    That white one is gone now. I looked inside it anyway and it was horrid, some muppet had added speaker pods inside the doors. They were white(!) and really tatty and scuffed.

The guy in that place is ###### aswell, he couldn't even be arsed to climb out from behind his desk when i was in there (with 8 grand in my sky-rocket). So needless to say i went elsewhere. Sorry rant over

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo7
                      That white one is gone now. I looked inside it anyway and it was horrid, some muppet had added speaker pods inside the doors. They were white(!) and really tatty and scuffed.
                      cheers steve, i was looking for a mate of mine who still thinks the P word is better. when i look at motor i always walk round once (checking paintwork etc) if i like wot i see i take a closer look, then venture inside. i saw the dent on the bumper and walked away............. did you venture up to eastville, they had a few nice ones there.......???

cheers,
                      Planty

Comment

Leodis
                        Did you try chequered flag in Leeds

Just keep trying and fone other dealers and keep an eye out on the Auto trader web site. there there if you look and are patient, but for the money youve got you carnt obviously be too picky, i do think you would pick a nice 2.4 up for that cash, and dont pay the price they say they are up for, haggle with Steve at chequered if youve been there, i assure you he has room to manuvore.
                        if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

try bristol imports direct in fishponds road
                          i think they have a website-lots of choice when i was looking
                          got mine from there and had no probs so far!

Comment

Imports Direct is the one in Bedminster (just around the corner from where i live). The one on Fishponds road is called Bristol Import Centre which is where i got mine from. Mainly because the bloke was nicer and a lot more helpful.

Comment

you are absolutely correct!(long day!)
                              the chap is called john and he was very helpful to me too

Comment

Working...
                              X