Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air con

Hi All

I read a lot of threads on here about recharging the air con system as you all know all cars registered before 1993 have R12 gas in them and this is hard to get hold of. Now the newer systerms run on R134a gas by doing a dearch on the net I have found a company that do a conversion kit that allows R134a gas to run in a R12 system, you get new adaperters that screw on to the old ones add the conversion gas (retro plus) then charge with new gas (R134a) about 3 tins to do my system took about 1/2 hr to do at a cost of £90 including P+P this is cheaper the the local garages around here wanting £160+

Here is there web site www.autokool.co.uk

Just thought this might help.

Steve.
    The wheels on my Surf go round and round

Cheers for the link Steve, saving money is always useful.
    Brian

Comment

its 80 qyuid plus VAT around here
      not that i have filled mine
      i want ridd of air con
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

took all air con out of my car thought that having a kin great rad under the sump was a bit daft and that after the rtts it would be full of mud so out it came was going to put it on e/bay but nothing seems to be selling at the moment

Comment

My truck has been filled with the new gas (dunno when, before I bought it, it has a wee sticker) and it gets off roaded loads and is still ice cold.
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
          X