Will these do for now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will these do for now?

well I am just thinking of throwing some cheap tyres on the extra wheels I have.. just for the off-roading days..

Will these do?

Does anyone know if they are ok?

It's just that I am better off waiting till I get the lift done with buying some decent big tires..
    So hoping these will be ok for a while.. or shud I spend another 100 and get the Kumo's?

all thought welcome... ???
    One day at the time I guess..

Originally posted by TobyJug View Post
    well I am just thinking of throwing some cheap tyres on the extra wheels I have.. just for the off-roading days..

Will these do?

Does anyone know if they are ok?

It's just that I am better off waiting till I get the lift done with buying some decent big tires..
    So hoping these will be ok for a while.. or shud I spend another 100 and get the Kumo's?

all thought welcome... ???
    get the kuhmo's toby........you will do so much better on them.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
      get the kuhmo's toby........you will do so much better on them.
      I am getting 33's tho as soon as I have this lift done within the next two months..

So they will be surplus after a few days of off-roading..

The 33's will deffo be the kumo's..
      This is just for wales really and another weekend after that...

So u think I shud go for the Kumo's anyway?
      How are the Maxxis Bighorn?

Comment

gotta say toby, those £200 pound ones look a bit nasty.road tyres will be fine for wales. bring a spare and go careful, and there will always be someone ready to pull you if necessary. there isnt a great deal of mud at all on this run,more slow speed rock climbing. the only minor point is that road tyres are slightly thinner on the walls so you have to be a bit careful.
        save your money for the lift and 33's and you will be fine on the tyres you have.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

gotta say toby, those £200 pound ones look a bit nasty.road tyres will be fine for wales. bring a spare and go careful, and there will always be someone ready to pull you if necessary. there isnt a great deal of mud at all on this run,more slow speed rock climbing. the only minor point is that road tyres are slightly thinner on the walls so you have to be a bit careful.
          save your money for the lift and 33's and you will be fine on the tyres you have.
          mm ok..
          It is just that these road AT's are not that old so did not feel like ripping them..

I'll have another think about it than Gra..
          Thanks for ur advice..
          Might see if someone has a cheap spare set knocking about..

Thanks again mate

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=170265159112

Comment

I'll keep an eye on them thanks mate

Comment

They look to be Colway MTs just with new branding after i believe colway went t1ts up!

In all honesty mate, For £200 + fitting etc its a waste. they will be worth nothing 2nd hand. You'll just make a loss an be effectivly forking out £500+ for a set of Kumhos.

If gra says you can do wales on Road tyres then i'd rush out an get the 33's!!

We all know hes a sh!t stirrer!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                  They look to be Colway MTs just with new branding after i believe colway went t1ts up!

In all honesty mate, For £200 + fitting etc its a waste. they will be worth nothing 2nd hand. You'll just make a loss an be effectivly forking out £500+ for a set of Kumhos.

If gra says you can do wales on Road tyres then i'd rush out an get the 33's!!

We all know hes a sh!t stirrer!!!!!
                  oi wodders !!!

there aint to much mud at all,its pretty much all rocky.
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

oi wodders !!!

Yup, I managed OK on General Grabber A/Ts in 2WD. I think the only time I selected 4WD was crossing the rivers.

Comment

Just a generic BFG mud copy. Same as the old pattern Kumho mud. Just about everyone has a copy in their range.

TBH, I'm gonna have to disagree with Gra on this one and say they'll be fine. In fact, I'll be coming to Wales on something near identical but branded INSA TURBO on the back, and Kumho 834 on the front. Both the same tread pattern.

Am I bovvered?
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

oi wodders !!!

only messin mate!!! How's things?!

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                        Just a generic BFG mud copy. Same as the old pattern Kumho mud. Just about everyone has a copy in their range.

TBH, I'm gonna have to disagree with Gra on this one and say they'll be fine. In fact, I'll be coming to Wales on something near identical but branded INSA TURBO on the back, and Kumho 834 on the front. Both the same tread pattern.

Am I bovvered?
                        They are technically different patterns... with Insa turbo Dakar being the only 'hard to tell apart by looking at it' copy.

An what are you going to wales in?! With kumho an Insa turbos on?!?

Comment

What are the Wales dates?

Comment

An what are you going to wales in?! With kumho an Insa turbos on?!?
                            Thought I just said?

I dont wanna wreck my BFGs before the long long trip next year.
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

Am I bovvered?
                              well blimmin well disagree wiv me then....
                              just thought if he is getting 33's in the next two months its a bit of a waste of cash. he could be spending it on buying me breakfast on thursday morning whilst im in warrington...

only messin mate!!! How's things?!
                              feelin fine dude...yourself ??
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X