New Boy in Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dabigman
    isn't overdrive the thing that's like an extra gear after 4th?
    and you can turn it off for going up hill/overtaking surely it makes no difference driving around town?
    On the Auto it's a 3 (I think, could be 4 speed + O/D0) speed plus overdrive, basically switching the O/D off stops the car going into top so the engine revs higher. If I leave the O/D on with the ECT switched off it will change into top at about 35mph except with the accelerator floored. It ends up changing in and out of 4th regularly which is a pain. On the flat it ends up with the car cruising in top and only doing about 1200 RPM, which the Surf doesn't like.

Cheers

Comment

yuley, the tow bar i used was a witter ty87a, following the advice of simon on hilux - surfing - workshop - tow bar, it was easy to fit, apart from a little hassle on the near side bracket as simon had predicted, i bought it on line from monro of scotland, ordered it tuesday pm. and it arrived wednesday am. they were offering single electrics free, but i went for twin electrics, i think the bar was about one hundred pounds, it was on my 92 surf twenty four hours after odering it.
      BIG D
      ITS NICE TO BE IMPORTANT, BUT ITS MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE,

Comment

THE FELIXSTOWE MAFFIA IS GROWING That makes 2 of us now. Look out Hertfordshire, Suffolk is our TURF

Sumo.
        If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
          THE FELIXSTOWE MAFFIA IS GROWING That makes 2 of us now. Look out Hertfordshire, Suffolk is our TURF

Sumo.
          And they got TRACTORS too
          I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

I had similar questions re tire pressure. the guys on here advised about 33 psi - which I did - and she handles fine on the road. I'm getting around 23 mpg - but I'll now try lucky's idea and see if it makes a difference.
            Dave

Comment

Originally posted by sumo

Sumo.
              hehe

Don't yah be lettin' us spy yah azz cruzin' our hood, you get a cap in de azz mofo!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
              X