OEM Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEM Alarm

my 3rd gen surf has an alarm operated by the central locking buttons on the fob, im not sure if its a toyota alarm or an aftermarket one , any idea how i can tell, there are no signs of an aftermarket alarm, so whats involved with the oem alarm ?
    2nd Gen 3.0td, running on waste veg oil

does anyone have an oem alarm and know anything about it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Surf_MoFo View Post
      does anyone have an oem alarm and know anything about it ?
      i never heared of an oem alarm
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
        i never heared of an oem alarm
        ah, im assuming its alarmed as when the remote locking button is pressed twice the horn toots , is there another reason for this and do all surfs do it.

i decided to go with direct line for insurance and they require an immobilser to be fitted so i can buy one for £35 off ebay.

Comment

well mines got one of them
          its a toad alarm thatchem 3 fitted by toyota in rotherham

no idea if every surf has em tho
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Car theft is not a serious problem in Japan and seeing as Surfs are imports I doubt you will find many with a factory fitted alarm. Insurance companies know this and that is why they usually insist that an after-market alarm / immobiliser is fitted before they can give you a reasonable quote.
            Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
              Car theft is not a serious problem in Japan and seeing as Surfs are imports I doubt you will find many with a factory fitted alarm. Insurance companies know this and that is why they usually insist that an after-market alarm / immobiliser is fitted before they can give you a reasonable quote.
              i see, i have just tested for an alarm by opening the doors from the inside and no alarm went off so it seems there is no alarm fitted right enough, thats dissapointing

so why the hell does the horn toot when the remote button is pressed twice

Comment

So you know you have locked it as you walk away?
                Smack it with a 16lb Hammer and it will come off!

Comment

Working...
                X