Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recaro Interior?

Hey guys!
    Me again, So I'm still working with this importer guy, and he's telling me that he has a 93 3.0 TD Auto that he will be importing. Personally I really want a Manual but he tells me that they're hard to find.

As a 'Bonus' point on the vehicle, he said it had the "full factory Recaro Interior".

Does anyone know if its that much better? I know nothing about Recaro other than they make racing seats and steering wheels LOL!
    Does anyone have pictures of an interior with this factory setup? if it even exists!
    Looking for a 1993 Surf 3.0TD in MB, Canada. HELP!

auto is best,there is a recaro interior,i dont have it,but most say it's uncomftable on a long journey,i'm sure sumone will have a pic

Comment

Normally (whatever that is when the Japs hit the options list) the Recaro is in the SSR-G which is the top spec for the 2nd Gen.

There is nothing wrong with the auto, remember we regularly play in extreme conditions

I not that you now have the 3.0 litre trucks there - ENJOY
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Thanks Trev,

I def plan on playing hard with it... I want to lift it and throw some 32-33's under there asap. (I currently have 33's on my truck and can't see living without!)

The reasoning behind the MT over the AT is that my brother has a Jeep TJ and I've taken it offroad a bit and I like having complete control over the power delivered to the wheels. Is it really the opinion that AT's are better for offroading?

Comment

Originally posted by joedude View Post
          Thanks Trev,

I def plan on playing hard with it... I want to lift it and throw some 32-33's under there asap. (I currently have 33's on my truck and can't see living without!)

The reasoning behind the MT over the AT is that my brother has a Jeep TJ and I've taken it offroad a bit and I like having complete control over the power delivered to the wheels. Is it really the opinion that AT's are better for offroading?
          Providing you take care of the cooling system they will go on and on

And surely you have seen the trips we have engaged in, hardly a school run or shopping trip
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by joedude View Post
            Thanks Trev,

hey joedude. we go offroading, and rockcrawling in wales quite often.
            to have that ultimate control of always being on the torque and being in the right gear,.......its auto all the way. you may want to consider fitting an auxilliary atf cooler.

good luck mate.

(and the recaro interiors are nice, some find them comfortable some find them uncomfortable) good interior though
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
              Normally (whatever that is when the Japs hit the options list) the Recaro is in the SSR-G which is the top spec for the 2nd Gen.

There is nothing wrong with the auto, remember we regularly play in extreme conditions

I not that you now have the 3.0 litre trucks there - ENJOY
              hmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                Providing you take care of the cooling system they will go on and on

And surely you have seen the trips we have engaged in, hardly a school run or shopping trip
                Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                hey joedude. we go offroading, and rockcrawling in wales quite often.
                to have that ultimate control of always being on the torque and being in the right gear,.......its auto all the way. you may want to consider fitting an auxilliary atf cooler.

good luck mate.

(and the recaro interiors are nice, some find them comfortable some find them uncomfortable) good interior though
                I've read about ppl fitting ATF coolers on here. Are they necessary? or just when towing? When I first buy the truck, I will be driving it home... 800km. Should I do a complete ATF flush before hitting the road?

Comment

atf coolers do help,but i tow a 1.5tonne caravan no probs,temp rises a tiny bit on very steep hills,doesnt hurt to change the fluid

Comment

Working...
                  X