Well i did it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well i did it!

Finally took the plunge today and bought myself the most beautiful surf in the world (well i would say that wouldnt i?) "1993 Toyota Hilux Surf 2.4 Turbo
    Diesel Auto, 1993, K reg. 44000 miles, wide body, MoT September 2004, tax July 2004, very good tyres and exhaust, full electrics, excellent condition" and for once the ad was true to form - have been looking for about 2 months for one that wasnt "a bit dodgy" or "fresh import" (which seems to be short for "really tatty and buy it as you see it"). A bit of a shock when i got there tho - the milage wasnt 44000 it was 41500! Original floor mats, original spare wheel - buttons seem to have never been pressed, and it drives like it just wants to headbutt every BMW it sees! I am soooo happy with it i cant get the stupid cheesy grin off my face. The real bonus came when i asked the (incredibly nice) bloke whether it had any overheating probs and he said "no, well erm actually not while ive had it but i have to admit that the guy i bought it off had to have the head gasket replaced - is that a problem?" I just wanted to weep with joy!In my defence i was very honest with him and told him it was the best surf i had seen and was a bargain at £3750. So - what have i learned? I have most definately learned to ignore most of the "trade" ads on autotrader, as they invariably answer all questions relating to the condition of the car as "its mint" and when you get there they are more "minty" than "mint". I have also learned that rather than go with my natural born instinct to buy the first thing that looks good and may make women think my penis is huge, it really pays to do the research and look around for a decent deal - many thanks to this forum for helping with that - am now proud to be a proper "member"!

its true then! the surf does snap knicker elastic at 100 yards. i thought i was hearing things
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Good on ya and welcome to the fold.

Holy caow, 41,500 miles only, you've a lot of catchin up to do.........!

Comment

Just goes to show, dont jump on the first one you see, shop around the are out there. Pics to follow I hope
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Originally posted by marky
          its true then! the surf does snap knicker elastic at 100 yards. i thought i was hearing things
          plenty of room int' back with the back seats folded down too
          [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Working...
          X