Rear window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window

How do I get the rear window out of the tailgate?
    I want to tint it and it would be easier on tressels rather than hanging precariously out of the tailgate.
    Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Originally posted by Jonny77 View Post
    How do I get the rear window out of the tailgate?
    I want to tint it and it would be easier on tressels rather than hanging precariously out of the tailgate.
    dude save this web site it saves time
    http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/24table.htm
    everything on there is for us surf nutts
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

I'll have a go at this one although im sure there is a propper how to somewhere.
      First lower the tailgate-you've worked hard go get a cuppa.(if you do this you will never get the job done).pop off the carpeted cover inside the tailgate,remove the metal cover underneath the carpeted cover,now with the tailgate in the lowered position use a screwdriver to push the latches on the side in to make the shut sensors think the tailgate is shut and open the window halfwayish,now loosen two of the mechinism bolts(you will see what i mean as two of them are on open ended holes so it slides out-bottom two i think it is) and remove the other two,this should give you enough play to manouver the window sliders about and remove from the mechinism-you may need to unplug the electrics to to give enough movement.
      Dont forget to disconnect the window heater element,you will find the connection on the bottom left hand corner of the window,now you can just slide the window out through the top.You may need to also remove the rubber seal on the tailgate that goes accross the window,leave the outer one just remove the inner one,i think its about 6 screws from memory,dont force it to much as they are a bit delicate.

Next job while its out is to clean all the drain holes in the bottom of the tailgate-its worth the five min it takes,
      Should take max of half an hour to remove.I can remove and replace mine in less than 20 min now.
      Hope that helps rob

Comment

Thanks for that. So just pulling hard on the glass is not the right way to do it then?
        I will have a proper go next weekend.
        Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

and be carefull,have somone"ready"incase glass decides to shoot out(i speak from experience)

Comment

Working...
          X