EPC installation £$$%^%^&*& Arrrrrgh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPC installation £$$%^%^&*& Arrrrrgh!

I hope to get my 3.0lTd wthin the coming month, so I thought I would sit down and start reading all the technical stuff written by Toyota, I have dutifully downloaded and burnt the Japanese model EPC disk set (3 volumes, including the EPC installation files). I have set the disk partition to 900Mb (driveletter g, FAT32 to keep it from flapping. And the stupid EPC installer keeps reporting "Path Not Found An unexpected error has occured!"

I have downloaded the installer a few times with the same prob. I am running it from the disk it is going to be installed into (a temp dir). WinXP OS and Win2K give the same errors, I tried the other partitions too, it gives the same helpful error message. This is driving me absolutely NUTS, can someone help please.

regards
    Udhi

Originally posted by ChasesDragons
    I hope to get my 3.0lTd wthin the coming month, so I thought I would sit down and start reading all the technical stuff written by Toyota, I have dutifully downloaded and burnt the Japanese model EPC disk set (3 volumes, including the EPC installation files). I have set the disk partition to 900Mb (driveletter g, FAT32 to keep it from flapping. And the stupid EPC installer keeps reporting "Path Not Found An unexpected error has occured!"

I have downloaded the installer a few times with the same prob. I am running it from the disk it is going to be installed into (a temp dir). WinXP OS and Win2K give the same errors, I tried the other partitions too, it gives the same helpful error message. This is driving me absolutely NUTS, can someone help please.

regards
    Udhi

If I remember correctly, the guy on the site had a problem and he downloaded the European Executable!..Sorry if I am incorrect but some time since being on the site
    Gaz

Comment

epc prob

send me your email address i have zipped a copy of the installer from disc i will send to you ..it may help....just in case your download was corrupt

Comment

Sorry for maybe sounding ignorant/dumb, but is this EPC stuff a Toyota workshop manual or something?

If it is, what is the link please so I can get it myself (if its working that is)?

Thanks.
        Everything's easy, when you know how!

Comment

electronic parts catalogue...

what the have at toyota dealers to tell you the part number
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by ChasesDragons

regards
            Udhi
            Run the installer from the CD not the hard drive, It don't work from the harddrive - certainly didn't for me, It needs to see the correct name for the Disk as well so you need to have set that correct when you first burnt the disk.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
              electronic parts catalogue...

what the have at toyota dealers to tell you the part number
              Man at Toyota parts counter told me last week that as and from last Monday, they ditched the old EPC system and now have a new one...

Comment

Guys,
                Just a note to say that I got the EPC working. Set it to <1Gb FAT32 partition, and ran the installer from the CDROM rather than copied to disk. Part of the problem was that the downloaded files had *.iso.gz double extention on them - I ran Winrar on it and it extracted the contents of the ISO too, hence all the grief.

Simply deleted the .gz extension and opened the iso in nero and burnt it straight away no hassles.

Thanks to one and all for your support, on site and on private emails.

Warmest Regards
                Udhi

Comment

Working...
                X