Sell or break?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sell or break?

Regrettably the Surf is gonna have to go - to many toys! Trying to decide whether to stick an MOT on it or break it for spares.

For MOT it will need new front anti-roll bar drop links, inner CV gaitor, the rear section of the exhaust fixing and a rear bump stop bolting back on. Trouble is since some g*t key it all down the passenger side I'm not sure it will fetch a lot even with a years ticket.

I quite fancy breaking it, but I notice there are not too many bids on the parts listed on ebay. Engine had a Stevo head 2 years ago, so that's got to be worth a few hundred quid?

Any thoughts?

if it was me i would break it, your get more money for it that way. if you sell it as a breaker your get between £400 and £800 for it. if you put a ticket on it you might get between £1000 and £1500 depending what condition it's in. if you want to sell it as a breaker i might be intrested. send me a email sledge-@hotmail.com

Comment

Looks like an easy fixer-up to me! Mine had more wrong with it when I bought it, so I repaired it all, and it has been a great car!!
      Don't be scared of spanners!

Comment

Originally posted by d1now View Post
        Looks like an easy fixer-up to me! Mine had more wrong with it when I bought it, so I repaired it all, and it has been a great car!!
        Don't be scared of spanners!
        I'm not so much scared of spanners (my other toy is a Tiger Super Six) so much as I've lost a bit of enthusiasm. It's been keyed and dented, I have to re-mortgage every time I fill up and even veg oil is going through the roof. It's a real shame. It's the best motor I've ever had and it still puts a smile on my face. Just a bit jaded I guess - it needs some love!

Comment

Personally, I think it's a crime to break a good vehicle. Sell as is if you want to shift it. It's not a large list it needs for repairs for someone interested.

Comment

Originally posted by contaminated View Post
            Regrettably the Surf is gonna have to go - to many toys! Trying to decide whether to stick an MOT on it or break it for spares.

For MOT it will need new front anti-roll bar drop links, inner CV gaitor, the rear section of the exhaust fixing and a rear bump stop bolting back on. Trouble is since some g*t key it all down the passenger side I'm not sure it will fetch a lot even with a years ticket.

I quite fancy breaking it, but I notice there are not too many bids on the parts listed on ebay. Engine had a Stevo head 2 years ago, so that's got to be worth a few hundred quid?

Any thoughts?
            Mate that's less than 2hr work. Get some pics up in the for sale thread a 3.0ltr for less than a grand will be snapped up, ticket or not.

In fact email me some pics please
            Last edited by yoshie; 13 September 2008, 12:10.
            Brian

Comment

How Much Do You Want For It As It Is??

Comment

Dunno really - if I put a price on it, it might actually go! I've not worked that thought process through yet! We've done a lot together over the years, including the attached!
                Attached Files

Comment

well if you break it i need,

front and rear bumpers,
                  n/s front and rear arches,
                  front seat head rest x 2,

Comment

Sorry Nez I only just noticed this post. I've stuck it on ebay, but if I have no luck I will break and you can have the bits.

Comment

Working...
                    X