Your opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinion

I know that this has nothing whatsoever to do with toyotas, but you all seem to be pretty clued up and i was wondering if i could pick yours brains for a sec.

I went up to the elan valley to do some of the greenlanes that you guys told me about, which were absolutley fantastic by the way. lots of deep water splashes from the flooding, and mud. My truck passed the day unharmed and performed excellent which is what I have become accustomed to from toyota engineering.

My mate however in his suzuki vitara, had a few knocks and bumps but seemed to be ok. a couple of days later he noticed an increase in water temperature, we cleaned out the mud from the radiator, and pressure washed the car clean. when checking the levels in the rad, I noticed a brown sludge inside the rad cap and the expansion bottle. we filled up the car and drove it till it got warm. it is still running high temp. the car doesn't seem to be running right. almost as if it is missfiring. but all electrics have been changed.

I have a slight inclin that the head gasket might have blown or be on its way out. I know surfs have this problem and was just wondering whether anyone out there has any other ideas of what this could be. cheers for your help
    Completely bitten by the off road bug, and what better vehicle to do it in!

if it were me i would do a sniffer test to see if the head gasket had gone first,if head checks out ok then reverse flush the cooling system and rad with a hose and re fill with new coolant.

Comment

erm sorry, am i being dense. The sniffer test? what is that? what am i looking for
      Completely bitten by the off road bug, and what better vehicle to do it in!

Comment

Originally posted by Cooler View Post
        erm sorry, am i being dense. The sniffer test? what is that? what am i looking for
        basically its a blue liquid that turns yellow when the presence of carbon monoxide is detected,you fill a squeezy test tube up with the liquid and stick it over the rad cap making sure you dont get any coolant mixed with the liquid,press the bulb down on the end of the pipette and draw the gasses up in to the tube,if it turns yellow you have a head gasket gone.or worse a cracked head

Comment

I suspect that some one is posting under their partners name
          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
            I suspect that some one is posting under their partners name
            who me !!!!!mwahahahahaha.

Comment

oui ..vous ....still look on the bright side, you get to express your feminine side legitimately
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

In the pink t-shirt..............

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                  oui ..vous ....still look on the bright side, you get to express your feminine side legitimately
                  but i can do that using my correct user name gra.

Comment

which i would like to add i wear with pride.

Comment

Was that Gay Pride .............does the other half know .........

Oh and Melons has approved that date and chains have been ordered to confine the children

Comment

oh my god.....

Originally posted by shirlster View Post
                        but i can do that using my correct user name gra.
                        its going to.....

which i would like to add i wear with pride.

start all over again, the long nights the pi55 taking..................thank ferk for that !!
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Was that Gay Pride .............does the other half know .........

Oh and Melons has approved that date and chains have been ordered to confine the children
                          excellent my friend,you staying here or in a b&b?oh and shirl has always know that i was gay.

Comment

excellent my friend,you staying here or in a b&b?oh and shirl has always know that i was gay.
                            i was on about this month .........but have other one covered as well ........

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                              oh my god.....

its going to.....

start all over again, the long nights the pi55 taking..................thank ferk for that !!
                              right whos starting.gra can you pick the soap up please

Comment

Working...
                              X