What's the tightest.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the tightest.....

a 90 degree bend can be made with 70mm ss tubing?
    I got a mahoosive intercooler thats been sat in the garage now for 12 months and it's time to get it fitted.
    I know it will be tighter if its cut and welded but can anyone here do that??

ps: doesn't have to be stainless, anything that would suffice for intercooler piping.
    Last edited by Antshiel; 11 September 2008, 19:20.
    http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Originally posted by Antshiel View Post
    I got a mahoosive intercooler thats been sat in the garage now for 12 months and it's time to get it fitted.

ps: doesn't have to be stainless, anything that would suffice for intercooler piping.
    you can buy a short radius s/s bend in 70mm.otherwise its a case of cutting and welding several times to get the bend right or cut at 45 degrees and weld together.all depends on how tight you want the radius of the bend.

Comment

The tightest bend radius commonly available will be 1D - don't worry, I'll explain. The bend radius of a tube is measured at the centreline of the tube and the tightest you can normally bend is so that the centreline radius of the bend is equal to the tube diameter. Having said that 1D bending is not the sort of thing you do at home (unless you have £200k worth of machine and tooling in your garage). You should be able to buy something like that without too much trouble though - try custom exhaust manufacturers.
      Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel View Post

Give "Webbo" a pm mate, he supply'd all my 3" s/s tube and bends
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I plumbed an RS500 intercooler into my mk5 cabby.

Join straights with good a quality 90' piece of silicon hose (samco/roose). Use mikalor hose clamps an it'll be as good as one piece. There will be slight turbulence within the pipe due to the connections, but in a diesel engine running around 10psi it makes no difference

Comment

If you get no joy, give me o/d i/d ect, I'm sure I will be able to find something.

Comment

Thanks guys and guls, Webbo i'll send you a drawing of what i'm after and see what you can come up with.
              http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
              X