2.4td convert to 3L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4td convert to 3L

bored o my 2.4td manual so is there any bigger engine that will almost drop straight in and be fine

Look up what Bushwaker did, lexus V8 conversion. Stien has a rover V8 in his too. Think on the Ausie site, someone is coverting to a 2.4 to 3.0
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

yeh thought o that but all cost a fortune, as i am not too mechanically minded gonna need someone to help me. spoke to bushwaker about v8 lexsurf and looking to o that sooner or later but itds just summit to do me for now or it might make me happy enough to keep it like that instead o a v8

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
        Look up what Bushwaker did, lexus V8 conversion. Stien has a rover V8 in his too. Think on the Ausie site, someone is coverting to a 2.4 to 3.0
        Jason ya forgot Sumo's ....
        He converted his with the help of Jotto n now is a 3l first gen ........

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post

Hi Jess

Comment

Hi Chris, hope ya all sorted with ya new house now ??
            Ya bin back to the Clog at the weekend ??
            I forgot me Camera while at SRTTS so at the offroad site ya probably won't see any of my Truck ......
            See ya in Feb 2009 I hope !!!

Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post

I didn't forget, I just didn't know lol

Comment

you coming up for alans run to the snow, i dont think al be about then, wee girls bday, might make an appearance. yeh been to the clog a few more times. all settled in new house mate. hows you and the good lady getting on

Comment

Still need advice yah donkeys, done a search but not much comes up. not a definite answer anyway

Comment

easier to sell and buy a 3.0 mate if thats what you want, or save yer pennies and get a V8 and do the conversion.
                    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

as I understand it 2.4 -3.0l is a lot of work, not just a drop in!
                      no doubt someone will be along in a mo with details!
                      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                      Tony

Comment

Have you thought about fitting an intercooler and boosting your turbo up? If you're going to swap in a V8 or something later on, then why swap out your 2.4 for a 3.0 only to take the 3.0 out anyway?

Comment

The man with the answers, cheers mate

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
                            Have you thought about fitting an intercooler and boosting your turbo up? If you're going to swap in a V8 or something later on, then why swap out your 2.4 for a 3.0 only to take the 3.0 out anyway?
                            much more power will that give me and how much will that cost

Comment

Intercooler can be quite cheep, depending on where you buy if from. I got one from an Isuzu Trooper on ebay for £20ish. Then you'll need hoses, these can be pricey, depending on how many you use. You'll need a body lift to make things easier to fit. I still haven't fitted mine yet, tech weekend needs rescheduling. There's some good write ups here http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/performance.htm
                              the 2nd intercooler guide down is Lovely Boyo's

Comment

Working...
                              X