Impressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressed

Well I just used my Surf as Toyota Hilux's were intended - as a truck!!

Yesterday I shifted a full size cement mixer.

Today, I got 15 bags of ballast, 20 bags of sand and 3 bags of cement - all in all 950kg of material. I guess close to the Hilux truck limit of 1 tonne.

The car drove pretty normally - a little slower but nothing noticeable in town traffic. The only negative thing was a slight body roll on corners - but I just popped it on 'Hard' damper setting and that soon got rid of that.

All in all - very impressed. I'm not sure my Fiesta would have coped!!

Rob

My Surf coped with 30 18"x18" patio slabs and 12 bags of sharp sand. Funnily enough it handled much better than my Peugeot 306 did with that kind of payload!
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
      My Surf coped with 30 18"x18" patio slabs and 12 bags of sharp sand. Funnily enough it handled much better than my Peugeot 306 did with that kind of payload!
      No S**t Phil, now theres a surprise.

Thats the reason I got the Surf, Did that kind of thing with my old Renault Espace a few years ago, 250 slabs over 4 runs, handled it no problem but trashed the interior - lucky it was a company car.

Didn't even dare with my Galaxy cos it was too nice inside and the seats were a pain to remove and store.

Surf is the perfect comfortable van for DIY use.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X