Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grrrrr

LOOK HERE

They make out that all motorised transport are bad..
    Them tracks are bike ones...in the first pic

I ride a bike but not stupid like that....

Have a search for 4x4 on the site it's just daft...

They shud have another section showing sensible Green Laners like most of us!
    The people who go next to the tracks or not close gates or wreck the place are only a small amount of motorised users Tw@ts they are..

I am always careful and make sure that I don't wreck any nature.. (the truck might get wrecked tho.. )

So I am going to join more organisations to preserve our lanes and rights..

END OFF RANT

sorry for ranting
    Last edited by TobyJug; 4 September 2008, 14:09.
    One day at the time I guess..

Aha I see I aint the only one..

these are ranting bout the Ramblers too..

look here

much better website

Comment

what we need is people being educated on these.. not total creation of no go areas...

i hate it when supermotos and scramblers come tearing down those roads.. so do walkers and people with dogs..

one of those pictures looks like the area is a complete mess..
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

As I've said before, I do think within 5 years we will have lost our rights to drive green lanes. The RA are a very powerful organisation, but the likes of GLASS and CRAG are smallish, fairly fragmented organisations who occasionally seem to be at odds with each other.

I am a member of GLASS, but have refrained from joining CRAG as yet. I think it would be better to have one, powerful voice than many smaller ones, and as GLASS are currently the better known one, I'll stick with that. I would recommend that all interested parties join (and be active within) one or the other if you want to continue to enjoy your hobby into the future.

If we lose our rights, the truck is going and I'll get myself another Alfa. For me, there's no point in owning it if the lanes are gone.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          As I've said before, I do think within 5 years we will have lost our rights to drive green lanes. The RA are a very powerful organisation, but the likes of GLASS and CRAG are smallish, fairly fragmented organisations who occasionally seem to be at odds with each other.

I am a member of GLASS, but have refrained from joining CRAG as yet. I think it would be better to have one, powerful voice than many smaller ones, and as GLASS are currently the better known one, I'll stick with that. I would recommend that all interested parties join (and be active within) one or the other if you want to continue to enjoy your hobby into the future.

If we lose our rights, the truck is going and I'll get myself another Alfa. For me, there's no point in owning it if the lanes are gone.
          im the same...
          wouldnt mind a Sud actually.. but with a 1.7 not 1.5
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I fancy something with one of the V6's. A GTV maybe.

But lets not digress, this is an important thread.

Comment

I agree I think we shud get GLASS promoted more and promote sensible Green Laning before all the lanes are gone..

Maybe a off-roading/ Green Laning video of sensible use..

I don't think that the likes of some destroying images via certain video channels on both the net as the media are helping.

I think 4x4-ers shud really unite to get a foot between the door with some positive feedback in the media..

Maybe we can organise some charity Green Lane runs..
              Some wildlife charities or preservation charities and really get them in the news to show people that we really do care..

And that the wrecking only happens in a pay and play site rather than on the Country side..

Comment

Dont see why not.

I think we've all been there, and I'm sure many of the off-lane excursions happen through ignorance rather than malice. It would be good if we could overtly promote why you shouldn't tear up the off-piste areas, in a video or other media. It would nullify one of the RA main points by saying 'look at us, we are responsibe users of lanes, and we are promoting it, and correcting others actions'.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  Dont see why not.

I think we've all been there, and I'm sure many of the off-lane excursions happen through ignorance rather than malice. It would be good if we could overtly promote why you shouldn't tear up the off-piste areas, in a video or other media. It would nullify one of the RA main points by saying 'look at us, we are responsibe users of lanes, and we are promoting it, and correcting others actions'.
                  Yep I agree...

I also think that maybe charity run like I mentioned above wud be a good idea.

Just some positive new's flashes rather than negative ones.

Comment

Just wait till one of these ramblers falls and breaks a leg or has a heart attack... how long do you think it would be before they are screaming for a paramedic to get there as fast as possible in a motor vehicle / bike?

Stuff em I say... just position a wheelchair or stretcher every few miles and have their buddies carry them out.
                    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

its happened many times. I cant remember the exact story, but there was one fairly recently who twisted an ankle and needed picking up by the mountain rescue landrover in the area.

I reckon the guys should have said "sorry, that lane's been closed due to pressure from the RA, do you think you could hobble the ten miles back?"

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
                        Just wait till one of these ramblers falls and breaks a leg or has a heart attack... how long do you think it would be before they are screaming for a paramedic to get there as fast as possible in a motor vehicle / bike?

Stuff em I say... just position a wheelchair or stretcher every few miles and have their buddies carry them out.
                        As an aging paramedic I totally agree with you,it`s blooby hard work,and some times dangerous rescuing people who get injured in the middle of nowhere, locally we have a lot of mountain bike tracks with some severe inclines,they even ride round them in the night with a little light on their heads but no light on in it.When we go to rescue them we get dirty looks from the walkers and some times remarks such as "what do you think you are do`ing here in that vehicle, this track is for walkers only".
                        I swear to drunk I`m not God.

Comment

Toby I'm right there with you.
                          I've been havign a go at trying to get GLASS to think along these lines (or at least let everyone else know they think along these lines as apparently they already do)
                          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=48483

If you're a member see a few responses on their forum here http://forum.glass-uk.org/viewtopic.php?t=2217

Theres been a bit more happen since, which I'm trying to write up and post but I seem unable to do it concisely.

You are absolutely right we need to campaign ourselves as thoughtful users of the byways who are trying to stop the t*ats who destroy them as much as the anti's.
                          apache's right its not going to be long until we lose all these rights and it seems that 99% of the people who use them are going to stand by and watch. Partly through apathy and partly through not knowing how to act to have an effect.
                          It needs one of the associations to mobilise their members and get people campaigning, writing lwetters to MPs, telling local press and even making an effort to tell people what greenlaning actually is.

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
                            Toby I'm right there with you.
                            I've been havign a go at trying to get GLASS to think along these lines (or at least let everyone else know they think along these lines as apparently they already do)
                            http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=48483

If you're a member see a few responses on their forum here http://forum.glass-uk.org/viewtopic.php?t=2217

Theres been a bit more happen since, which I'm trying to write up and post but I seem unable to do it concisely.

You are absolutely right we need to campaign ourselves as thoughtful users of the byways who are trying to stop the t*ats who destroy them as much as the anti's.
                            apache's right its not going to be long until we lose all these rights and it seems that 99% of the people who use them are going to stand by and watch. Partly through apathy and partly through not knowing how to act to have an effect.
                            It needs one of the associations to mobilise their members and get people campaigning, writing lwetters to MPs, telling local press and even making an effort to tell people what greenlaning actually is.

Yep I agree 101%
                            I saw ur posts a little while ago..
                            I think that a big charity run for some wildlife or preservation of land might be a good idea and really push it into the press...

Also educating the people that complain might make a difference I agree with u there..

Cus like u said not many people know what Green Laning is and all they know is what they see in the paper, on the telly or the internet and most of that aint to good publicity..

I will get my thinking cap on as well see if we can think of something to organise that might help... but something on a big-ish scale so the bigger media might be interested..

Comment

Funny how they never show the pictures of the 4x4 clubs that go out and maintain the lanes for free so everone can use them .I do around 5000 miles a year off roading and all the other time is spent cutting back trees and filling in holes rambelrs dont seem to understand that with out regular use by 4x4's and bikes the lanes would get over grown and not usable by people on foot, horses etc etc.The other thing that gets my goat is the fact that there are thousands of foot paths and rights of way just for walking on so when they use a road and it is a road all be it not tarmac moan about us being there im sure they wouldent do it on the m25 and there is no diffrence.You can understand why the uk is in such a mess when spunk gobelling butt monkeys like this get everything they want
                              Last edited by kiowa; 5 September 2008, 16:55.
                              I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Working...
                              X