Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stooopid question i'm sure

Hey,

i've always regretted not buying an ssrg, as really wanted the recaro's, but more importantly, the cruise control.

i've done the search and found no definitive answer to the question....Is it possible to retro fit the cruise control steering wheel etc from an SSRG to an SSRX??

cheers,

Martin
    Just trying to raise my postcount!

Originally posted by B16mts View Post
    Hey,

i've always regretted not buying an ssrg, as really wanted the recaro's, but more importantly, the cruise control.

i've done the search and found no definitive answer to the question....Is it possible to retro fit the cruise control steering wheel etc from an SSRG to an SSRX??

cheers,

Martin
    it is possible but a hell of a lot of work.its not just the steering wheel involved,theres wiring and stepper motors to consider to.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Hey,

cheers,

Martin

I'm inclined to say, that if you aren't very confident with electronics, dont bother. I can imagine there are ways to create danger if you get something wrong.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

This 3.0l i got breaking has the cruise control fitted
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i'm in my second year of an electrical apprenticeship, so that bit shouldn't be too bad. just wondering what other work is involved tbh, or should i just buy an SSRG instead??

Mart
          Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

i'm in my second year of an electrical apprenticeship, so that bit shouldn't be too bad. just wondering what other work is involved tbh, or should i just buy an SSRG instead??

Mart
            Not all SSR-Gs have cruise control fitted.... It could take a friggin age to find one mate!!

I'd look at buying all the gear for it off stormforce if you reeeally want it.

Comment

And it doesn't have to be an SSRG to have it. My old SSRX had it, but the V6 is much more of gentleman's car anyway.

Comment

Is cruise control independent of the main ECU? If so, there is presumably a seperate ECU which will have AT LEAST speed / autobox gear selected / TPI / brake inputs to it. If not, it could well be an even bigger ball-ache than I am thinking it probably is!

Comment

My old SSRX had it, but the V6 is much more of gentleman's car anyway.[/QUOTE]

Ahaha, it comes with wood effect dash then
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                    My old SSRX had it, but the V6 is much more of gentleman's car anyway.

Ahaha, it comes with wood effect dash then[/QUOTE]

I have the SSRG V6 version, full recaro interior with cruise control. I find cruise control indispensible and if/when I have to buy another vehicle the two things it will have to have is an auto gearbox and cruise control.
                    Oh and mine does not have a wooden dash but it is quiet, refined, powerful and quick!
                    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                      This 3.0l i got breaking has the cruise control fitted
                      So, any ideas on how easy it would be to fit to a non cruise control 3.0ltr, and how much do you want for all the bits?
                      Paul </Slugsie>
                      Immortal.so far!

Comment

I have a factort SSRG and I don't have the Recardo's thank god!
                        Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

I got the SSRG an can say I find the recaro's very uncomfy - unless you're on tarmac, but maybe it's because I end up perched on the end of them to see over the bonnet.
                          How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie View Post
                            So, any ideas on how easy it would be to fit to a non cruise control 3.0ltr, and how much do you want for all the bits?
                            Did you read the earlier posts???

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                              Did you read the earlier posts???
                              Yup, and they haven't really answered the question.

It could be as simple as plugging a couple of bits off the breaker, or it might involve major modification of the wiring loom. I was hoping Stormforce might know seeing as he has one to actually look at.
                              Paul </Slugsie>
                              Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
                              X