Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look What You Done To My Truck

Well on Friday i welded my exhaust and fitted new fog light as me MOT had
    run out so done the jobs in hand and took her, talkin to her all the way there!
    well what could i say she went straight through.

Here’s the bad bit. 2days later I get rear ended but I’m just glad i was in my truck
    and not the mrs'is 206pug.
    the only up side is that I’ll get a shiny new chrome bumper

The hitter

The hit

Shock ...............the foglight survived!!!!!!!

Hope your whiplash isn't too bad and no one was hurt ............
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

wheres the damage on your truck mate???
      hope the other driver was ok, thats an ambulance isnt it?
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

OUCH !!!! Hope you are ok.

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
        Shock ...............the foglight survived!!!!!!
        Hey Bio, that means your 'Plains' runs are tougher than the snout of an elderly Froggy MPV
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
          wheres the damage on your truck mate???
          hope the other driver was ok, thats an ambulance isnt it?

im ok but got a doctors note for ten days for neck pain
          the other driver was abit shocked
          best to call for an ambulance and the police get auto contacted about it.

damage to mine looks so far to be bumper spare wheel carrier as the tyre touches the
          bottom rail of it and i dont think theres much else
          but takin it to garage tomorro so they will know better than me

Comment

That sucks!!

I'd be pretty pi$$ed if someone went into my truck!!

On a plus point, Its just the bumper an it didn't smash the rear tyre into the tailgate!!!

Comment

glad it wasn't to serious tho but you got to think yourself lucky the truck wasn't lifted else that motor would of gone right under the rear end and things could of been worse
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by SurfingNow View Post
                im ok but got a doctors note for ten days for neck pain
                the other driver was abit shocked
                best to call for an ambulance and the police get auto contacted about it.

damage to mine looks so far to be bumper spare wheel carrier as the tyre touches the
                bottom rail of it and i dont think theres much else
                but takin it to garage tomorro so they will know better than me
                Glad it's nowt too serious and everyone's OK.

Get them to check the spare isn't buckled and the tailgate isn't damaged and opens/closes properly.

Comment

Also check the rear quarter panel for creases / dips as the wheel carrier bolts onto it.

I know from experience that a rear end impact can push the rear in, shows in rear quarter panel / boot floor.
                  My other cars a QUAD
                  (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                  http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

well phoned the garage today and they said they sent the stuff off to my insurance
                    they said to me it might be a rip off, or did he say rite-off as theres £2500.31
                    worth of damageand i paid £3100 on 19/3/2007 for her.
                    anyone know what sort off figure i should get off the insurance if it is a total loss

Comment

Originally posted by SurfingNow View Post
                      well phoned the garage today and they said they sent the stuff off to my insurance
                      they said to me it might be a rip off, or did he say rite-off as theres £2500.31
                      worth of damageand i paid £3100 on 19/3/2007 for her.
                      anyone know what sort off figure i should get off the insurance if it is a total loss
                      £2500.31 worth of damage!?!

What the hell is broken!?

Is it the tailgate aswell as the rear bumper?!

a few hundred would have it sorted out mate!!

Comment

3rd party company have no right to write your car off, only yours can do that. You have to insist on repairing damages if you want to keep your truck

Comment

well cross member where middle bumper brackets bolt to under body are bent
                          and pushed back also needs total rear bumper with plastic step on it, rear wheel
                          carrier is bent and also spare wheel maybe plus a got a BIG panel gap down the
                          left side of tail gate as is the body has bowed out but don’t know if the tailgate
                          is down for replacement, well I’ll just wait and see what the insurance thinks

Comment

about £1500 if your lucky going by the current market. I would say the garage is taking the p!ss a bit and there insurance company would want a second opinion or there recomended garage to look at it. If they write it of you should be able to buy it back for peanuts. Good luck. and you will loose your no claims until it is all sorted out
                            www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Hi all, what should i do

insurance phone and told me its being ritten off so just dont know what to do.

1)take the 2400quid off the insurance and wave goodbye

or

2) keep the truck and take 1800quid off the insurance.

lookin at the pics what do you guys (and gals) thinks shes worth as i dont want to keep her now
                              and as running it getting more and more through the roof

Comment

Working...
                              X