Ok you extreem bmx people .....HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok you extreem bmx people .....HELP

they have built a track in the village......

http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/ne...attraction.php

and rowan love it , the trouble is his mountain bike is now quite right and he wants a bmx .........What should i look for and whats a good price on ebay
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

At last! A thread where i can actually offer some advice!

Some decent makes of BMX are: WeThePeople, Schwinn, Haro, GT, Odessey, Concept, S&M, FatBaldMen, Ruption, Hoffmann, Mongoose, Redline, TerribleOne, Hyper, and many, many more.

If he's gonna get into it, then he'll want something half decent that will last. How old is he? You can expect to pay upwards of £200 quid for a bog standard but decent, new one. Don't bother with anything from Halfrauds or Raliegh or any other high street stuff. If you stick to a decent make, then you won't go wrong. Get something that looks solid and well built. This one's not too far from you and is cheap:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HARO-BMX_W0QQi...d=p3286.c0.m14

Check out www.rideukbmx.com for some other makes and stuff. And try and say 'Dude' a lot.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Don Logan; 31 August 2008, 17:32.

Comment

My lad's is a GT I think. He's given that (and his elbows, hands and knees!) some serious punishment, and all still seems to work.

(Read - he hasn't said its broken!)
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

[quote=Don Logan;482959]At last! A thread where i can actually offer some advice!

fatbaldman

quote]

you have met bio before then !!
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

[QUOTE=gwh200;483005]
          Originally posted by Don Logan View Post

fatbaldman

quote]

you have met bio before then !!
          Almost right Gra,

Shouldn't it be fatbaldwindything ?
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by Don Logan View Post

Some decent makes of BMX are: WeThePeople, Schwinn, Haro, GT, Odessey, Concept, S&M, FatBaldMen, Ruption, Hoffmann, Mongoose, Redline, TerribleOne, Hyper, and many, many more.

If he's gonna get into it, then he'll want something half decent that will last. How old is he? You can expect to pay upwards of £200 quid for a bog standard but decent, new one. Don't bother with anything from Halfrauds or Raliegh or any other high street stuff. If you stick to a decent make, then you won't go wrong. Get something that looks solid and well built. This one's not too far from you and is cheap:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HARO-BMX_W0QQi...d=p3286.c0.m14

Check out www.rideukbmx.com for some other makes and stuff. And try and say 'Dude' a lot.

Hope this helps.
            Rowan is 10 and for the kids in the local area to be given this track is a miricle as the one in devizes was closed for noise polution and the old gits didn't like it ....... the kids in this village are so lucky that George surports them

Comment

how is this one................

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=220274091319

Comment

keep the seat as low as possible.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Make sure he wears the safety gear. My boys been bmx'ing for a few years and has come off so many times he'd be dead without one! Last accident involved 2 ambulances and 4 crewman trying to get him out of a foam pit at the Track in Portreath! Fortunately he was ok just very badly bruised. If he didn't have the helmet he'd be worse!

He rides a Ruption which seems good value for money - he would recommend a 'we the people', 'Hoffman' or 'two hips', I ride a mongoose menace but its a little heavy!

Comment

Yeah looks good to me, Diamond Back is a decent make.

Comment

Is this any good ........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:X:RTQ:GB:1123

and is 20" wheels about right as it is for a 10 year old

Comment

I can't see ebay at work, but 20" is standard size for BMX wheels. Any smaller than that and he'll just get called a nob, go off the bike and waste your money.

Comment

here is a pic Adam
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
                            here is a pic Adam
                            Looking at the chain, I don't think it's had a lot of looking after.

Comment

Thats replaceable ........it's Rowan will kill his mountain bike if he keeps doing the track

Comment

Working...
                              X