CDS Fan - What does it do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDS Fan - What does it do?

Sorry if I am being a bit dosy here, but I have just noticed that the top of the fuse for the CDS FAN is green, but reluctant to touch it yet unless I know what it is for?

Can anybody help and advise what this fuse does and will it have an effect going slightly green, it looks unusual and it is stuck between 2 relays.

I have recently changed the heater controls in the middle of the dash as the fan control bar, became so hot it melted the switch behind, slightly worried it could happen again if it wasn't the switch that was faulty.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Marshman View Post
    Sorry if I am being a bit dosy here, but I have just noticed that the top of the fuse for the CDS FAN is green, but reluctant to touch it yet unless I know what it is for?

Can anybody help and advise what this fuse does and will it have an effect going slightly green, it looks unusual and it is stuck between 2 relays.

I have recently changed the heater controls in the middle of the dash as the fan control bar, became so hot it melted the switch behind, slightly worried it could happen again if it wasn't the switch that was faulty.

Thanks in advance.

A quick search of the forum reveals.....

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...hlight=cds+fan
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Thank for that, but was hoping for a bit more information with regards to what problems it would cause.

The problem with my fan controls was that it would get hot when I stuck the switch on full power, until the switch stopped completely and then melted the switch completely. I think the same is happening again and wondered if this would cause it?

I have also suffered problems with the AIR CON pump recently squealing and wondered if they are all linked?

Comment

It's the fuse in the supply to the A/C fans. Nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't have any magical properties. Fuse okay, aircon fans work. Fuse blown, aircon fans don't work.

Comment

Working...
        X