No announcement yet.

Going to start fitting this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got mine from here, was a nice recon pump, for about £40. (although it was 8 or so years ago)

Just asked for a Buick 3.5L v8 pump, there is only one motor it can be.

http://www.usautomotive.co.uk/

or an MGB V8 pump is simular.

Also try Real Steel in Uxbridge.

There are different front covers though, the buick pump fits the SD1 cover, but if its a MGB motor I think you need the MGB pump, or something like that.

My V8 is from a early SD1, and the buick pump was fine.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

As already mentioned Rimmer Bros is a good route or me!!! my company supplies parts to Rimmer & vice versa.

Once you find out exactly the part number that you require, let me know & I can either get one for you or advise the best alternative that I can.

I stock 1000's of V8 parts at work.

But I need that all important part number to help you.

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/rimmer/r...20&%20Fittings
      Last edited by lclascaris; 27 August 2008, 14:53.

Comment

IF ALL ELSE FAILS,you can get away with a standard pump just machine the spindle and viscous fan coupling off,like i did.and the ambulance water pump is a short nose pump also.last time i got a pump from rimmers it cost be the best part of £150.your going to need to junk that bottom pulley too.and you do have the sd1 crankcase so a buick pump will fit fine.but you knew that anyway.
        Last edited by surfenstein; 27 August 2008, 17:58.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Thanks guys Iclascaris, Tony, Mark. I managed to source a Buick pump from the link that Tony gave. At first they said they did'nt do it but when I told them that one of the guys on the forum had bought one about eight years ago they asked me his name. Tony Nichols I said. They looked him up and sure enough they found him and said oh yes we can can get them but we are not going to give you the part number. So I asked how much. £37 they said so I ordered it. Surely that can't be right. But they told me it was and would be here in 10 -21 days the exact same part that Tony got eight years ago. So we will wait and see.
          Thanks Tony some good advise that was.
          Steve.
          monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Working...
          X