claerwen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• claerwen

does anyone have the map coordinates for the start of the claerwen dam green lane. there are a few good lanes up there but i havent found the one where gwh took the video.
    Completely bitten by the off road bug, and what better vehicle to do it in!

twas apache took the video matey !!

give him a nudge (he was videoing me,and im real sorry i have no idea how to get there)
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
      give him a nudge
      Sod that and just give him a really hard slap instead.

Comment

ahh bless him......he's probably still got a dodgy finger
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

i live in mid wales and just wondered over to the elan valley for a spin in the afternoon. was watching the winching challenge up at toms farm before that. some lovely modded offroaders up there. we found one really good lane where the water was over the bonnet at one stage but didnt look like the lane that you guys went on.

hopefully apache will read this and give me directions. but if you lot find yourselves up this way, give me a bell and let me know i'll come and join you.

Comment

If you mean the rock garden below the dam

SN 868 633 to SN 900 614

If you mean my axle breaker

SN 961 685 up the hill to SN 921 707
            Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

excellent. 961 685 is the one i went on the other day. my mate decided to turn round half way through in his suzuki vitara that is jacked. they all laugh at me being the one with a longer wheel base truck yet i never get stuck. there are some great water dips on that one. really good lane, even my mates landy struggled but managed it.

the other one is definatley worth a try too. cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Cooler View Post
                excellent. 961 685 is the one i went on the other day. my mate decided to turn round half way through in his suzuki vitara that is jacked. they all laugh at me being the one with a longer wheel base truck yet i never get stuck. there are some great water dips on that one. really good lane, even my mates landy struggled but managed it.

the other one is definatley worth a try too. cheers
                961 isn't that wet - you should try Strata Florida when its wet - the river crossings get really treacherous

we had to about turn last October - it was a blast though.

SN 805 570 to SN 746 to 657

Comment

Originally posted by Cooler View Post
                  i live in mid wales and just wondered over to the elan valley for a spin in the afternoon. was watching the winching challenge up at toms farm before that. some lovely modded offroaders up there. we found one really good lane where the water was over the bonnet at one stage but didnt look like the lane that you guys went on.

hopefully apache will read this and give me directions. but if you lot find yourselves up this way, give me a bell and let me know i'll come and join you.
                  is that the elan valley with the big lake on the mountain road a few miles from abertwith?
                  If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Originally posted by mckirdy-services View Post
                    is that the elan valley with the big lake on the mountain road a few miles from abertwith?
                    The Elan Valley is just to the west of Rhayader in mid Wales - 4 reservoirs, not lakes.

Where's Abertwith?

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo View Post
                      The Elan Valley is just to the west of Rhayader in mid Wales - 4 reservoirs, not lakes.

Where's Abertwith?
                      Aberystwyth, Dyfed, its about 30 miles from Elan Valley i was staying at my aunt and uncles farm near llanafan and drove past the elan valley yesterday along the mountain road. I would love to go off roading round there it is incredible. I probably drove past you, I went through about 2pm. lots of sheep wondering across the road
                      If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

well its a really nice place to visit. there are hard and soft core greenlanes around. and for those of you who feel like you are captain indestructable, there is always toms farm which has about 80 acres of farmland that you can free roam all day with a minimal payment. dont know how much it is for trucks though, as i have a kx 500 moto x which cost me 7 quid. he allows camping as well.

Its worth going just for the winch challenges. but elan vally is awesome to and with the strat florida not too distant away, wales is definatly worth a go. If any of you do fancy going give me a shout and i'll tag along. be nice to be in a group of surfs especially as all my friends have either suzuki's, landrovers, or those silly navara things that are so low you cant even get over a curb. ;-)

Comment

i cant remember how to get to the claerwen dam at all, just that it was known locally as the rock garden....it was a real peach of a lane, no where near as sphincter tightening as bryncrug, but a real peach none the less
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

well to be honest i have only just started to green lane. its a good day out. but im learning the ropes as to where you can go and how you should drive. not like that muppet in a daihatsu who was tearing up the field next to the lane. just makes us look bad. any advice you lot can give is much appreciated. i dont mind getting dirty and covered in mud.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                              i cant remember how to get to the claerwen dam at all, just that it was known locally as the rock garden....it was a real peach of a lane, no where near as sphincter tightening as bryncrug, but a real peach none the less
                              Pay attention Big Guy! Its on the first page.

Not long to River Deep, Mountain High.......................... .......

I can't wait, Landcruiser vs Surf - I'll have to find something particularly gruesome, as long as we don't do anything that's narrow LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X