@MattF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @MattF

Dude, i have just downloaded this thing called MiniPE.
    its a gui OS that runs right off the CD. no hard disks required. it looks just like XP, and lets you run all sorts of things, eg antivirus, cleaners, defrags, partition etc...

imagine how useful this is when you need to do stuff on the disk or OS but you cant access it either cos windows locks it, or the os is using it, or the disk is knackered itself!

if your interested i can tell u how to get it, i might put the latest onto a torrent site because it took me about an hour to download all the pieces.

if ur not interested then dont worry :P

im actually writing this from within the os-on-cd
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Thats the stuff Tony, let your inner geek shine through,

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

sorry
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
        Thats the stuff Tony, let your inner geek shine through,
        Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
        sorry

That sounds a nifty piece of tool software. (Tool being the usage, not the user). What size is the complete file?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post

That sounds a nifty piece of tool software. (Tool being the usage, not the user). What size is the complete file?
          total size is 600mb.
          i downloaded one last week that was 400mb, but it was an old version and didnt run on my NF4 motherboard. this one runs fine, and i read it has the drivers to support my mobo.
          im going to use it for overclocking once i get my decent heat sink.

the last time i tried overclocking with a vista machine and it blue screened on startup and ruined the os
          i wont have that issue at all now, plus i can do benching and monitoring, and also clocking with a gui

using this purely for web browsing is so fast. its like more than double the speed of using a normal os.
          plus it saves all the temp stuff to ram as a ram-drive so i could unplug both my disks now and keep the system running.

the only bad thing is when i scroll down in windows, because the GPU isnt installed with specific drivers and is using a generic one its a bit jumpy. but thats because its nvidia and they all do that until theyre installed.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

i have no idea what you two are on about, but its a beautiful thing...mattf and dieselboy............interfaci ng !!
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
            X