Fender Bender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Bender

So there I was, just driving out from work this evening at about 5 and next thing I know a Volvo estate was stuck in the side on my Surf. Wing and arch are smashed. Luckly nothing else got touched. The woman driver accepted full blame. Said she didn't see me???? WTF??? How can you not see a Surf???

Anyway see the damage below....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cmar; 4 March 2007, 20:02.

Originally posted by Cmar
    So there I was, just driving out from work this evening at about 5 and next thing I know a Volvo estate was stuck in the side on my Surf. Wing and arch are smashed. Luckly nothing else got touched. The woman driver accepted full blame. Said she didn't see me???? WTF??? How can you not see a Surf???

Anyway see the damage below....

Volvos only ever seen on the school runs
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

ooh! dented 3rd Gen, not nice!

Should repair OK though, fingers crossed the insurance doesn't play silly buggers with you.

Need a bigger car to get noticed!
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

that sounds as bad as the stupid tart across the road from me who backed into my baby claiming that "the way people park around the street you cant judge gaps" I looked at the gap and i could of put a 7.5 ton truck in the gap ( im still waiting for the insurance details so i put a redundant parking aid on her car to give her a hint....she wont park anywhere near my beast now!!!!
        Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Ouch.

I think she really needs her eyes tested if she didn't see you, A surf is hardly invisible.

Sorry to see the damage, hope it repairs OK, main thing is you not being hurt.

Cheers

Comment

Ouch indeed, still it does not appear structural, and so will be good as new once repaired.
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Well, just got the quote to get it fixed. €1500 all in for the job. Glad Im not paying...!!

Comment

I trust the Volvo looks a lot worse !!

Comment

saves me asking how to get the arches off!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Yeah the volvo had a nice bit of damage too. The headlight and bumper were smashed and the edge of the bonnet looked like it was pushed in.

No structural damage on mine, so it should look as good as new when fixed. It will be off the road for a week though

I have to drive this in the meantime......

It will be hard, but I'll manage!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Cmar; 4 March 2007, 20:02.

Comment

bad luck on the prang, not too bad though. Are u gettin a new wing and arch or fixing up your ones, how do u get your hands on new ones so quickly. And on the replacement ...

DITCH THE 3RD GEN, KEEP THE 2ND

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
                        bad luck on the prang, not too bad though. Are u gettin a new wing and arch or fixing up your ones, how do u get your hands on new ones so quickly. And on the replacement ...

DITCH THE 3RD GEN, KEEP THE 2ND

Hi Jim,

It possibly could be repaired (the wing) but I'm getting all new parts, but I have to see how long the local Yota dealer will take to get 'em. Shouldn't take too long to get the stuff though.

That 2nd gen used to be mine, a mate just bought it. But he is off to collage for 2months. Lucky me gets to mind the new purchase!

Comment

So, do you have to buy a whole new set of wheel arches or can you just get the one! Repairs cost so much! I can see why our insurance costs are so high!
                          Derek :
                          1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
                          [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

well at least you dont get a micra courtesey car
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
                              So, do you have to buy a whole new set of wheel arches or can you just get the one! Repairs cost so much! I can see why our insurance costs are so high!
                              I can get one arch Delboy, €240+vat. The wing is over €300...! Spoke to the one that hit me today, so she will have a cheque for me for the full amount next week. No insurance comp involved. Its a PITA though sorting out all the stuff involved.

Comment

Working...
                              X