yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Tale of flux rescue an a belgium rallye.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Tale of flux rescue an a belgium rallye.

As some of the members here might have read, i was busy working on a Reliant Scimitar for a belgium rallye that it was taking part in this weekend.

Well, on the bright side... it got from here to belgium and back again.

Just not all under its own power!

Got down to dover ok but then the fan died, so in comes a Cavalier fan... an onward to belgium.

During a very cobbled section of road with the suspension going nuts we believe something came loose so the battery wasnt getting any charge.

So after about an hours driving... the Scimitar died!

so... heres the flux rescue part of the story.

The car gets taken back to the hotel an at 8am the dutch flux people turn up, realise its done for an organise getting it back.
    they charge the battery so the car can be driven onto an off of the ferry.
    a flat bed lorry turns up an takes it to dunkirk an then a lorry is waiting at dover to bring it back. It arrived here at 2am this morning.

I have to be honest, i think it did ok considering it was all pretty much untested.

the 3.0ltr V6 returned about 30mpg over the 250-300 miles that it managed to cover under its own power which is pretty good.

An for the £50 that Adrian flux charge for there recovery... very impressed!!

Good to know Flux rescue's good from Europe. Have already used them for a relay job up from Southampton to Middlesbrough which went pretty smoothly. Hopefully i won't need a tow back from Eastern Europe but it's good to hear positive things about it just in case!

Comment

Working...
    X