more torsion bars..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more torsion bars..

should be getting my ironman torsion bars pretty soon.

what i dont quite get is they say there good for a 2" lift..?? Well the standard can be pushed to 2" cant they, or does it mean they still have good characteristics when set at +2"

for the rear i may put LC springs on, does anyone run these with +2" shocks, or is 3" the best way to go.

p.s. I have been researching via the search button

Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
    should be getting my ironman torsion bars pretty soon.

what i dont quite get is they say there good for a 2" lift..?? Well the standard can be pushed to 2" cant they, or does it mean they still have good characteristics when set at +2"

for the rear i may put LC springs on, does anyone run these with +2" shocks, or is 3" the best way to go.

p.s. I have been researching via the search button
    i dont know but i thought the LC springs rubbed?
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
      The spring cups are too small. They don't seat perfectly.

Comment

If you rotate the spring top to sit against chassis they will be fine, I run +2" procomps with LC and it's fine.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

how much lift over new standard springs do you get?
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

3" over standard. i tried to get +3" shocks but I was struggling. +2's are fine though, i will lose a wee bit on down articulation but it's not an issue.
            Alan

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
              3" over standard. i tried to get +3" shocks but I was struggling. +2's are fine though, i will lose a wee bit on down articulation but it's not an issue.
              thats what i thought..been struggling to find a set of +3" shocks..granted im not familiar with looking in all the right places just yet.

+2" shocks all round then, with LC springs on the back and the ironman bars on the front.

Comment

I would avoid using explorer, they sent me the wrong shocks and are crap when you phone them.
                Barry at roughtrax supplied my +2" shocks, springs from Milner off road.
                Alan

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                  Mine don't and they've been on the truck four years.

Comment

Comment

ok, so ive got my big chunky bars..

i know theres a basic guide for fitting, but has anyone actually done it. Im pretty spanner fluent so not too worried about doing the work..jus like a heads up for any tricky bits other than nuts and bolts that refuse to budge

Comment

Alan
                        How did you then lift the front by 3" or is it lifted 2" - before the BJ spacers i mean.
                        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Working...
                        X