speeding in roadworks - help required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speeding in roadworks - help required

Arghhh - I've been a bad boy - caught speeding in a temp 30 zone for road works.
    plod pulled me and gave me a ticket - and i took it on the chin.
    But - and here's the thing - can you be prosecuted for speeding in a temporary zone?? I always believed the speed limit of any road had to be assessed and approved by goverment / council - so temporary limits are not enforcible....
    or am i just clutching at straws?
    I was in a 70 zone - slowing down to 30mph well before (half mile +) roadworks / contraflow and was caught at 64mph.
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

It's enforcable. You're lucky you didn't get a ban, you were doing twice the speed limit!
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Yes you can be done, the law changed in June 2007 I think, before you could not be prosecuted, now you can.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Just re-read your post. You only got a ticket? A ban may be coming your way?

Comment

Aye - just a ticket - three points and £60 fine.
          plod said technically i should be going to court - but he said he would be a nice guy seeing as though I had admitted the offence and was co-operating.
          I'm always very co-operative when I've had a drink!

Kidding!!!

Comment

Ask the Chief Constable of Leicestershire. A few years ago he was caught speeding in road works on the M1 and got done
            Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

As far as I am aware seen as u hav not exeeded the actuall national speed limit but only the temp one, they can only give you a fine... not give you points....

Check into it...

Also did u take note what the sign looked like?
              Some signs that are used at the road works are not legal so you don't hav to slow down....

Anyway I never really speed but had some trouble when I just got to this country...

Anyway u naughty boy for driving way to fast....
              Good luck with that speeding fine....
              One day at the time I guess..

Comment

any use ? - http://www.traffic-answers.co.uk/for...p?topic=7936.0

Trev
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Any advice is way too late, he's accepted the ticket, the fine and the points.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                    Any advice is way too late, he's accepted the ticket, the fine and the points.

I have been issued a ticket to the effect that I have been / will reported for an offence - and signed said ticket to the effect that I understand why I have been given said ticket. I have not accepted any fine/points nor admitted any guilt.
                    I now have 28 days to either accept this officers findings or go to court to appeal against it.
                    ..unless I've got this completely wrong??? like usual!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes View Post
                      I have been issued a ticket to the effect that I have been / will reported for an offence - and signed said ticket to the effect that I understand why I have been given said ticket. I have not accepted any fine/points nor admitted any guilt.
                      I now have 28 days to either accept this officers findings or go to court to appeal against it.
                      FFS, now I'm confused! I have many beers in me.

I thought you'd said you only got the ticket and that plod had said you could have gone to court, the implication being that you'd admitted to and accepted the charge.

If this goes to court, bearing in mind the speed you were doing, I'd be a worried man. 60 in a 30 is an automatic ban.

Comment

Its not just 60 in a 30 thing

If you do more than 30mph faster than the zone you are in the offence becomes dangerous driving, not just speeding. The penalties are much more severe.

Hopefully it'll stay as it is.
                        Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes View Post

I've got a copy of this save u driving licence book on the pc somewhere..
                          I will see if I can find it as it might have gona lost when the HD died..

If I find it I will mail it to u... If I cant find it try and get it on the net....
                          One day at the time I guess..

Comment

I'm going back to travel along the same stretch today -this time in my own car - with my video camera to record the journey, and the positioning and type of roadsigns. Will post it up later to aid my story.

Comment

You screwed up. Plain and simple. Just take what you've been given and leave as is. If you take it any further, you will most likely risk a more severe penalty. Btw, temporary roadworks signs and restrictions have the same relevance as permanent ones. They are inplace for the altered safety factor, so they are just as legal as any others. The only argument you may have is if they are breaking any of the requirements for signing/restrictions in general.

Comment

Working...
                              X