For all Forum Members who like Guns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all Forum Members who like Guns.

I thought I would post a picture of my latest Rifle its a Remmington SPS 700 in .243 calibre. I know we have a lots of shooting people on the Forum and thought they might be interested.

Do you use it for shooting bambis ?

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Can do depends what grain bullet at the momement I am using 70 grain balistic with a velocity of 3400 fps with 1795 (ft-lbs) of energy. Deer need to be controled with 100 grain or above which I can use if required.

Comment

Nice .. what do you hunt?

Comment

I am lucky enough to have huge amounts of land to shoot starting from my back garden spreading over 3000 acres, all of which can be covered by the Surf. I carry out pest control for farmers who rear pheasents and grow crops, mainly Fox control, rabbit, pigeon, jays, magpies,crows. etc etc. Some people dont approve of this but thats what I do. I love my shooting and country life would'nt change a thing.

Comment

Fair play,

I've a big field out the back of mine. All I'd be able to shoot is chavs on quadbikes and pitbulls .. actually, I have an idea ..

Comment

very nice indeed, here's my latest, its a bit of a pea shooter compared to that tho, maybe i should try and get me fac.

Comment

Mr. Jealous here
                Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Closed bolt?????????????
                  Always in the sh1t. Only the depth ever changes.

Comment

FAC Not as hard to obtain as thought. Of course you need the correct amount of land for calibre requesting and land owners permission ect, probably the hardest thing is all the paperwork, I close the bolt in the gun and fire pin when not in use or in transit to shoots to save the spring unlike shotguns snap caps are not needed to do this. When all of my rifles are locked away the bolts are removed and secured elsewhere.

Comment

Thats a great air rifle Pete Daystate precharged ? I use a Wierach HW 97k for close work like rats in barns and chicken runs etc. Not a patch on the precharged rifles like yours though they just look so good, and great stocks n wood.

Comment

its a daystate x2r with walnut stock, its very accurate for an air rifle, ive had a hw95k wish id kept it for me lad it was a great little rifle, me mates got a 97 vmach tuned very nice too, but cant be compared in the same league as that remi, as someone said before im well jealous lol

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
                          I thought I would post a picture of my latest Rifle its a Remmington SPS 700 in .243 calibre. I know we have a lots of shooting people on the Forum and thought they might be interested.

that is sweet .
                          I have a remmy 700 vssf .223 for the fox and my loved 10/22 for the bunnys .

i got an extra slot for a 17 hmr but not got one yet .

i do the same as you and love it
                          john
                          i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

nice setup. what scope?. a bit on the loud side, have you got a mod on it, i love the smell of gunpowder in the morning, good shooting

Comment

Go for the HMR 17 you will not regret it, its a great round you will be well impressed, my one is a CZ452 American they also come in 452 Varmint with the heavy barrel mainly used for targets with the heavy barrel being able to dissapate heat.CZ are great value rifles, If you want any more advice the 17 give me a shout.

The scope on the .243 is a simmons whitetail classic 4+12+50 Good value and great light holding ability due to having multi coated lenses.

I will be having a Mod fitted at some time but at the momement where I use it mainly is as few miles from any houses. It will need screw cutting first and a good mod for that is around £400.
                              Last edited by Webbo; 23 August 2008, 07:27.

Comment

Working...
                              X