Bonnet arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonnet arms

Quickie. Do the bonnet arms go straight behind the dash, or is there a separate cavity behind the firewall where they are?

Originally posted by MattF View Post
    Quickie. Do the bonnet arms go straight behind the dash, or is there a separate cavity behind the firewall where they are?

they bolt under the wiper cover...... i'll get you a pic
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

yep as above, the bolts i think are 10mm 2 under the wiper cover and 2 on the bonnet.

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
        they bolt under the wiper cover...... i'll get you a pic
        It's the inside bit that I need to know, behind the firewall. Found out that my leak is from around that area, so just trying to localise it a bit more. If they're panelled off internally behind the dash, they ain't my culprits. It's a bit of a bugger to see/feel up there though, (unless you're a contortionist).

Comment

the firewall runs down from the screen then comes out under the wiper area.

Comment

where is your leak coming in matt?

Comment

Have you checked the drains from the sunroof? Maybe one of them has come out of its wee hole in the floor.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                  where is your leak coming in matt?
                  Somewhere under the wiper/vent cover.

I'm never gonna hear the end of this once he finds out, but took Snatch's advice and poured water around until it started appearing on the inside. Raised the wiper/vent cover at that end, and coule see that the arms loop through the firewall and back up under there. Don't know if they're sealed/boxed off internally though, behind the firewall and dash. If not, that's where the water is getting in.

Comment

Ian, can you see down into the footwell from that hole where the bonnet arm goes?

Comment

Ian, can you see down into the footwell from that hole where the bonnet arm goes?
                      No there is a bulkhead

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                        Have you checked the drains from the sunroof? Maybe one of them has come out of its wee hole in the floor.
                        Do they run down the front too? I always thought they disappeared down the back end?

Comment

as far as i can remember they slot through and bolt on to the inner wing.

Comment

they run down the middle and front pillars.

Comment

Do they run down the front too? I always thought they disappeared down the back end?
                              The front ones run down the 'A' pillar and into a wee hole in the floor behind the kick panels. They're pretty short, so may have slipped out.
                              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                              X