yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for those without rear bumpers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for those without rear bumpers...

..do you miss not having that 'step' in the rear bumper? Or to put it another way, has anyone ever used the step for anything.....ever?

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    ..do you miss not having that 'step' in the rear bumper? Or to put it another way, has anyone ever used the step for anything.....ever?
    I used to use it to wash the back bit of the roof before i fitted the wheel carrier, other than that it's sodall use, except as an indent so the tail gate dont hit the bumper
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Thats what I thunk!

I think the only time it's come in handy for me is when I placed my mug of tea on there when cutting the holes in the bumper for the foglights.
      I stand on the tyres when washing the roof anyway.

Right then, I'm, going ahead with my rear bumper modification/tidy-up........

Comment

You wash the roof???

Hehehe, weirdo
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

where will your fog light go then? Planing on doing this little mod http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=47563
          Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            You wash the roof???

Hehehe, weirdo
            Not so much now it's further off the ground, plus the laquer is peeling so I think some big Cobra type stripes in satin black are required.

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
              where will your fog light go then? Planing on doing this little mod http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=47563
              The foglights won't be affected, I'm just 'tucking' the bumper under the rear of the truck. (Cutting and shutting the sides where they meet the wheelarches.)

Comment

Like i said Vince if your doing a tube bumper and want end caps you could approach Asda and find out where they get theirs! they use em on the short upstands at the corners of their fridges to stop ya bashing the trolly on em,
                perfect fit for 3" tube,

or you could use the more direct approach
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                  Like i said Vince if your doing a tube bumper and want end caps you could approach Asda and find out where they get theirs! they use em on the short upstands at the corners of their fridges to stop ya bashing the trolly on em,
                  perfect fit for 3" tube,

or you could use the more direct approach
                  I'm keeping the original rear bumper, just fitting it closer to the body so it doesn't hang out the back. The 3" tube is for my exhaust. See photo above.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    I'm keeping the original rear bumper, just fitting it closer to the body so it doesn't hang out the back. The 3" tube is for my exhaust. See photo above.
                    Cant see much from that pic mate (unless the thing hanging down under there aint someones legs)
                    thought you got a new exhaust anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                      Cant see much from that pic mate (unless the thing hanging down under there aint someones legs)
                      thought you got a new exhaust anyway?
                      I've got an exhaust, I just need to re-route it for a better look, plus I want a bit of bling as it's going to exit through the bumper.

Look at the rear bumper in the pic, it's flush with the rear of the truck, i.e. no overhang.

Comment

the only problem i can see is that i'm pretty sure when the tailgate is closed the bottom of the tailgate is lower than the top of the bumper, so if you tuck it back (or is it forward?) further you may need to also cut the top out of the bumper.
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                          the only problem i can see is that i'm pretty sure when the tailgate is closed the bottom of the tailgate is lower than the top of the bumper, so if you tuck it back (or is it forward?) further you may need to also cut the top out of the bumper.

Yeah I know. The bumper will look exactly the same from behind, I'm just chopping about 6" out of the sides to give the side profile of the truck a neater look as in the photo.

Am I not saying it right?

Comment

Yup! your saying it right, i'm just thick got what your doing now, quite a bit of work there bumper brackets and all, and will this affect the underslung wheel (if ya still have it there)

Comment

Working...
                            X