No announcement yet.

Sorry guys, but I own a Landcruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Andy long time no speak they are 16" with 265/70/16 General Grabber A/T,s i have had them on ebay trying to sell them for £250 ono but most of the people interested are down south and dont want to pay the postage. What sat nav have you got i have several import ones that i am thinging of putting in some of my trucks, before you say it i have got them working over here on the uk disc,s they work great.
    Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux View Post
      Hi Andy long time no speak they are 16" with 265/70/16 General Grabber A/T,s i have had them on ebay trying to sell them for £250 ono but most of the people interested are down south and dont want to pay the postage. What sat nav have you got i have several import ones that i am thinging of putting in some of my trucks, before you say it i have got them working over here on the uk disc,s they work great.
      Hi Bob.

Mine are 17" with 265/70/17 Cooper ATR on. Look the same though. Used to be on Koi's 4Runner with low profiles on.

I have a Toyota TNS500 Sat Nav in mine. Only fitted as an option on the 100 series but got one on ebay and it interfaces with the CD player I had in mine. I have a Toyota CD Stacker and a Radio Tape Unit to go in it, can then drive the CD stacker from the remote control and view the details on the display.

The CD for the system is in a unit I have fitted in the centre console - will also fit the CD stacker in there too. Unfortunately the CD is quite old (I think it is of 1999 vintage however most of the roads are OK on it

A firend of mine has a 100 series in which the original TNS500 was removed and replaced with a Clarion 7 inch screen unit with sat nav (Japanese system with UK CD on it and it works well.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice guys - its appreciated.

I have been in touch with TBR, I'll get in touch with OEC. Then decide what sus lift its having.

Now to track down the best price on some decent A/T's.
        Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

See my thread in the tyres section Andy. AJS tyres. Good chap.

As you can get 35s on with just a 2" lift, and with the minimal difference in price between 33 and 35, AND the serious grunt of that lump to turn them, I'd be sorely tempted...
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

[QUOTE=The Lovely Boyo;479497]Finally got one - 4.5 litre petrol, VX Amazon, triple factory fitted locking diffs, full main dealer service history, 1997, 101,000 miles, never been off road.

I will be fitting a suspension lift in a couple of weeks and 33'' tyres, and an LPG conversion. And other stuff............QUOTE]

Oh no, it's a petrol, you won't be able to drive through any puddles!

Apparently.

Comment

[quote=BUSHWHACKER;479743]
              Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo View Post
              Finally got one - 4.5 litre petrol, VX Amazon, triple factory fitted locking diffs, full main dealer service history, 1997, 101,000 miles, never been off road.

I will be fitting a suspension lift in a couple of weeks and 33'' tyres, and an LPG conversion. And other stuff............QUOTE]

Apparently.
              thats nowt...i cant get up a hill !!
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

[QUOTE=BUSHWHACKER;479743]
                Finally got one - 4.5 litre petrol, VX Amazon, triple factory fitted locking diffs, full main dealer service history, 1997, 101,000 miles, never been off road.

Apparently.
                Get a Snorkel, and spend a bit of time on the ignition system, and it will wade almost as good as a Diesel

Apparently......

Comment

Thanks for all the advice guys - its appreciated.

I have been in touch with TBR, I'll get in touch with OEC. Then decide what sus lift its having.

Now to track down the best price on some decent A/T's.
                  I got the BFG M/Ts I had on my Surf from Blackcircles.com. I got the Cooper ATRs from Tyrespec. Both of them were a good price even taking into account them being shipped then taking them to a local tyre place to get them fitted.

Comment

[QUOTE=lucky;479755]
                    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

Get a Snorkel, and spend a bit of time on the ignition system, and it will wade almost as good as a Diesel

Apparently......
                    It's OK, just returning the comments I received when I converted to petrol.

Comment

Welcome to the landcruiser owners club

Great choice the old 80 series is good bus, with plenty of aftermarket stuff available.

The petrol has plenty of grunt and is a good tow vehicle for a caravan or boat. Lpg conversion is definetly a wise decison as they are very thirsty camels

Is the VX a part time 4wd or AWD model as we never got them down here in Australia?

If you need any tips on the 80 series heres a good link

http://www.lcool.org/technical/80_se...technical.html

Cheers Matt
                      Harden the Fuk Up Princess

Comment

Matt.

Al the UK model 80s are Full Time 4WD. We never got the part time model in the UK. Even the base model (GX) was full time. Some people have been known to convert them with one of the part time conversion kits though.

Comment

Well done Boyo,

I’ve always liked Land Cruisers and have spent plenty of time driving them off road in Africa.

I’d like an LC myself but my Surf 3.0 V6* is proving very reliable so I’m in no rush to replace it just yet.

*This is the one "Hilux" Bob imported in Jan 2006
                          Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

[QUOTE=BUSHWHACKER;479743]

Apparently.
                            Hi a mate of mine,s brother has just taken a 3" lift off a "LC80" the complete kit, ie: shocks, springs, steering damper , spacers the list goes on and on. I am just trying to deal him now for some standard "LC80" bits he wants it back to standard, i will put a post on when i get the bits.
                            Live Life To The Full

Comment

Bob.

If that is the standard factory lift fitted to some of the imports, you may want to get the front suspension arms off him as I am pretty sure they are castor correction ones for the 3 inch lift. If he is swapping down to standard height he will want to change them out.

Comment

Hi Andy thats what he is doing i said to him"jokeingly" i would swop him all my stuff for his and he said OK, but i dont want a lift on my "LC" why change it after 11years.
                                Live Life To The Full

Comment

Working...
                                X