more fleabay issues!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more fleabay issues!

ok, so this expensive item that i sold on friday mid day, someone has eventually paid for it,
    the problem is, the person that paid the funds into my pay pal account isnt the person that won the item, and they havnt put enough in there to cover the cost plus postage.. they are short by £60, because i looked on royal mail and parcel force and royal mail was the cheapest to send to Germany at £60.

what do i do here?
    i dont want to send it out and then they claim they never got it, and im left out of pocket and without the item to re-list,
    but i could file a non payment because the paypal and ebay account are not linked, and then if i do this, they couldnt say that they never recieved it because according to ebay they never paid for it in the first place.

these foreigners who keep bidding on my stuff are really starting to annoy me
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
    ok, so this expensive item that i sold on friday mid day, someone has eventually paid for it,
    the problem is, the person that paid the funds into my pay pal account isnt the person that won the item, and they havnt put enough in there to cover the cost plus postage.. they are short by £60, because i looked on royal mail and parcel force and royal mail was the cheapest to send to Germany at £60.

what do i do here?
    i dont want to send it out and then they claim they never got it, and im left out of pocket and without the item to re-list,
    but i could file a non payment because the paypal and ebay account are not linked, and then if i do this, they couldnt say that they never recieved it because according to ebay they never paid for it in the first place.

if u look at the invoice u will have a contact number to ring them?

Comment

Quote:
      Originally Posted by dieselboy

what do i do here?

It may just be a genuine mistake, Send them an Email in the contact buyer and explain. You can alway's return the payment if your not happy.
      IT's not how you get in it . IT's how you get out.

Comment

you make it sound like it took them ages to pay??

from friday to sunday... maybe they hadn't logged into ebay to check??

did you list the international postage rate??... did you state that you would ship to UK only??
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post

did you list the international postage rate??... did you state that you would ship to UK only??
          i sent him an updated invoice immediately after winning,
          i explained that postage was £60

then no contact until yesterday, he actually won on thursday.
          yesterday he said he had bid for a friend, and that he needs my pay pal details so he can pass them on. i told him he has to complete this himself through pay pal.

then when i came back from the pub last night i checked the messages and he had replied saying his friends email address, so i gave my pay pal details to see what would happen.. now ive got myself in this mess...

ill contact him and explain that he hasnt paid enough, and if he wants the item he needs to pay the shipping to austria and not Germany (the details from the winning bidder was from germany)
          and he needs to pay the extra £62 but ill accept £60
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

it did. he won on thursday, sorry got days muddled.
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

thursday to sunday isn't a long time!

you don't have to sell it to him... you can do a mutual withdrawal

Comment

A bit off this particular topic, but nonetheless an ebay question.

I'm gonna place an advert next week for my 31" tyres on ebay.
                It will be my first time selling anything on ebay.
                I already know to accept only UK bidders and as someone mentioned in another post, bidders with less than 10 Positive Feedback points to contact me before bidding.
                2 questions
                1. Why would the contact details of a less than 10 points bidder ensure a successfull transaction?
                2. As I will only accept paypal as a payment method, why do some sellers insist on verified only paypal account, whats the benefit?

Is there anything else I need to know?
                OK 3 questions

BPSparks........
                私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

thursday to sunday isn't a long time!

you don't have to sell it to him... you can do a mutual withdrawal
                  ill see how it goes.. he is telling me the shipping cost is £28 as stated in the auction, when ive put its £12 to uk only... where would he be seeing 28 quid from? ive only listed uk as the postal rate. is he trying to have me on, or would ebay work this out for him? its only the actual post wil be £62.99 or something with royal mail. the item weighs 7kg...
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

DHL standard service (2-5 days) is £18+vat
                    (7kgs... i put dimensions as 30x30x30)

is the £62 on royal mail an express service??

try interparcel.com

Comment

DHL standard service (2-5 days) is £18+vat
                      (7kgs... i put dimensions as 30x30x30)

is the £62 on royal mail an express service??

try interparcel.com
                      royal mail signed for with insurance.. its a rack mounted firewall

thanks ill try that
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

If he doesn't want to pay your postage charges tell him to arrange his own collection.
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
                          If he doesn't want to pay your postage charges tell him to arrange his own collection.
                          nice idea ! im going to properly look into this tomorrow. cheers guys!
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

If he doesn't play ball then tell him to stick it! Worst thing that can happen is that you get a negative feedback. Nobody gives a toss if you've only got one neg. anyway!
                            'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

its £80 with DHL.
                              i think im just going to post it royal mail. i still havnt posted it because i actually have been busy, and been away or working since thursday and didnt know i had a message from him, and he opened a case with pay pal to get the money back. i explained i was posting it and i had not been able to reply and he closed the case within a couple of hours of me replying.. so i think he is genuine

thanks guys
                              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                              X