@mattf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @mattf

alright, i know you deal with pc stuff.. im looking for a thermalright 120 heatsink.. but do you know how much different they compare to the 90?

the 120 is massive and weighs 1/2 a kilo..
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

No idea what the difference is, but I'd guess that the 90 and 120 relates to either the C/W rating or fan size. Half a kilo is some serious weight though. Unless you're running the processor at extremes, you're as well sticking with a manufacturer spec fan. I wouldn't like to have over a 1lb of weight in heatsink on a board, personally.

Comment

ill probably get the 90 then. i dont have a stock fan anymore.
      i went to water cooling, because i ran a peltier at the same time, and was hitting -10c on the two cpu's. but this was too cold and overclocking at this temp made it freeze - litteraly.

so i took away the pelt, and was left with a 2.0ghz chip running at <2.8ghz (never got the magic 3 though )
      got fed up with the water cooling and i put a stock fan back in but i had lost the plastic socket clamp and ive bodged something in there to keep the processor cool, but its not very good and it runs hot

cheers!
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
      X