X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At last.

At last picked up the Surf.

Red 3.0ltr SSR-X 1994.

So another convert driving around with a big silly grin.
    Got it from Vine place in Durham who were very good if a little slow cos they don't do the sva's till they sell em. They only deal in imports so know what there doing (or so it seems). car came with full service, fitted some front fogs for free and changed the T belt even though not quite due yet.

Just one thing i have noticed a bit of a sort of clunking noise on full lock is this normal?

So if anyone see's a red Surf in the Carlisle or Dumfries area give us a wave.
    mudnstuff.me.uk

Congrats Stevie - post us some photos to admire!!

Have fun surfin!
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Greebo
      Just one thing i have noticed a bit of a sort of clunking noise on full lock is this normal?

So if anyone see's a red Surf in the Carlisle or Dumfries area give us a wave.
      Attached Files
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

EERM ok i know what the pics of, but what am i looking at
        the noise is only on full lock when moving.
        mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Greebo
          EERM ok i know what the pics of, but what am i looking at
          the noise is only on full lock when moving.
          put some grease on the bit circled in yellow, and the curved bit of metal it rubs on at full lock, same on the other side of wishbone, and both sides of car.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Will do thanks.
            mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Advise needed....

Just been to vine place durham on saturday. Looking at ssr-g 3.0 auto. We dealt with Paul. Are they trust worhthy in your opinion, and any probs with your surf since buying we are close to Carlise so we'll look out for you.

Comment

Yea i think they are. i would have no hesitation going there again.

only problem i had was a cracked rad top tank nothing major but decided to sort it and the warrenty co were no probs at all, paid for genuine toyota rad and fitting at the toyota garage in carlisle.
                other than that no worries, found vine place to be very good. not the cheapest around but thats not always the best criteria i find, what you gain on price you often lose on service so..............and haggle for the freebies this is a bad time of year for garages so they need the custom. they sent me a letter offering me £250 if i took them a buying customer.(and no, its too late i would have had to let them know before you went. but feel free to drop my name in case i go back )
                with all the info on here you should be well armed but if theres anything i can do to help let me know.
                Also border Toyota at kingstown are great, just go armed with the chassis no and they will look up any part you want no problem.
                i'd let you have a drive in mine, but with the suspention lift, mud tyres, cut down bump stops and no anti roll bars it probably wont give you a representative ride of a good surf.

give us a wave if you see me. mine looks like this.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Greebo; 9 December 2004, 12:52.
                mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Working...
                X