Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ahhhhhh Garage c**ts

Well I am getting frustrated..

The truck is in the garage via the woman's insurance seen as she drove into me backwards..
    A new chrome bumper is being fitted and the lights are getting changed and probably a new window motor..

I had to sign that if a mechanical fault happens when in they are not responsible..

Now then since the truck has been there apparantly they are waiting for the bumper to arrive..
    I do not understand why does it take so long? do they get more money?

If I ring Roughtrax now the bumper will be here 2mo I know that.. so why are they waiting for one for over a week?

I just want my truck back I know it's red and all but I still love it... and this merc is doing my head in....
    No bootspace and it goes funny when taken onto sand or grass or anything...

Anyway sorry for ranting on just had enough of the tw@ts....
    end of rant.......
    One day at the time I guess..

its probrably because the insurance company are going to put on a GENUINE TOYOTA one mate,
    so it will be worth the wait for you if thats the case,
    it will last for years a genuine one,

but i agree they could have waited till they had the parts in stock before starting the job,
    would have made more sense,
    but then you would not have been able to road test that lovely merc,

Comment

When I had mine repaired through the insurance, took two days to get a front bumper from toyota. Sounds like they are taking the P.

Comment

it will be worth ther wait,dont forget this is costin u nowt,ps i just spent 2 hours with the metal polish on all my chrome!,who's idea was it to put all this shiny stuff on anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by supersurf View Post
          its probrably because the insurance company are going to put on a GENUINE TOYOTA one mate,
          so it will be worth the wait for you if thats the case,
          it will last for years a genuine one,

but i agree they could have waited till they had the parts in stock before starting the job,
          would have made more sense,
          but then you would not have been able to road test that lovely merc,
          hehe lol I am getting tiny bits of mud on the merc now but not the best....
          LOL

yeah I thought that they had the parts in before ringing me...
          a well like u said genuine stuff so all good I might have to stop winching at them....
          Was thinking of going there this afternoon but might leave it till monday...
          Just really wanted to get it MOT'ed today and the interior swapped over the weekend....

Originally posted by oily View Post
          When I had mine repaired through the insurance, took two days to get a front bumper from toyota. Sounds like they are taking the P.
          hehe that is what I thoght...
          I suppose I shud not grumble as they are putting chrome on and only got the painted bumpers now....

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
          it will be worth ther wait,dont forget this is costin u nowt,ps i just spent 2 hours with the metal polish on all my chrome!,who's idea was it to put all this shiny stuff on anyway!
          lol
          very true It is free after all....
          shud shut up and let them get on...
          Free chrome is never a bad thing...

I am having to get some more chrome hehe My wheels are chrome....
          Have to get them tidyed up a little....

Comment

I have a set of chrome wheels here....
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
              I have a set of chrome wheels here....
              I got some on the truck....

By the way good u here....
              It looks like they might hold the truck ransom till monday so we might have to re-sceduele (however u spell it) till the next sunday....

I will ring them after and see what is going on...
              Unless u just want me to pick it up....
              I can try and fit it in the back of hte merc....

Comment

What ever you like!
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

it makes me laugh that you had to sign off the mechanical parts fault.....cynical me means they're likely to put any old s**t in there???
                  Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo View Post
                    it makes me laugh that you had to sign off the mechanical parts fault.....cynical me means they're likely to put any old s**t in there???
                    Yeah she is only in for the bumper and the light but u know I was weary about that signing....

I mean why on earth shud u sign that....
                    Why shud anything happen to the engine if it is just getting a new bumper and back light....
                    The parts arrived this morning but the truck aint done till monday afternoon???
                    I mean bumper ehh 20 minutes.
                    So yeah I am a little scared u never know what they have done..

Comment

Originally posted by TobyJug View Post
                      Well I am getting frustrated..

The truck is in the garage via the woman's insurance seen as she drove into me backwards..
                      A new chrome bumper is being fitted and the lights are getting changed and probably a new window motor..

I had to sign that if a mechanical fault happens when in they are not responsible..

Now then since the truck has been there apparantly they are waiting for the bumper to arrive..
                      I do not understand why does it take so long? do they get more money?

If I ring Roughtrax now the bumper will be here 2mo I know that.. so why are they waiting for one for over a week?

I just want my truck back I know it's red and all but I still love it... and this merc is doing my head in....
                      No bootspace and it goes funny when taken onto sand or grass or anything...

Anyway sorry for ranting on just had enough of the tw@ts....
                      end of rant.......
                      I had the same slow repair problem last year when my LC went in for repair after a rear end shunt.I dropped the truck off for repair and collected the replacement 4x4 (Honda's hair dresser 4x4 effort) and expected to pick my truck up around 3 days later.However I was then told that despite the repairer having already inspected the truck that it would now be inspected again and the parts ordered.I said but that must be weeks before I will get the truck back and I would rather have my truck back untill the parts arrive and they can keep their hire car,but the scam is as part of the repair I must drive their hire car whilst mine is in for repair (at a cost of over £90 per day to the other ins. company) it took 3 weeks to repair-and during that time my truck was 100% roadworthy and would even have passed an MOT in the damaged state.
                      No wonder our insurance premiums are so high when other insurance companies inflate claim costs.

Comment

Originally posted by sniper View Post
                        I had the same slow repair problem last year when my LC went in for repair after a rear end shunt.I dropped the truck off for repair and collected the replacement 4x4 (Honda's hair dresser 4x4 effort) and expected to pick my truck up around 3 days later.However I was then told that despite the repairer having already inspected the truck that it would now be inspected again and the parts ordered.I said but that must be weeks before I will get the truck back and I would rather have my truck back untill the parts arrive and they can keep their hire car,but the scam is as part of the repair I must drive their hire car whilst mine is in for repair (at a cost of over £90 per day to the other ins. company) it took 3 weeks to repair-and during that time my truck was 100% roadworthy and would even have passed an MOT in the damaged state.
                        No wonder our insurance premiums are so high when other insurance companies inflate claim costs.
                        #
                        yeah I thought that might have been part of the problem....
                        .we'll have to see what happens, they hav now said it will be done on monday so I'll see....
                        I can understand the whole money thing and they don't understand that an 18 year old Surf is more compfie and better to drive than a 57 plate hire car....
                        They wonder why we winch as we got a new car.. no realising that we rather drive our old truck....
                        Then again I cant wait for this new bumper....

Comment

Originally posted by TobyJug View Post
                          #
                          yeah I thought that might have been part of the problem....
                          .we'll have to see what happens, they hav now said it will be done on monday so I'll see....
                          I can understand the whole money thing and they don't understand that an 18 year old Surf is more compfie and better to drive than a 57 plate hire car....
                          They wonder why we winch as we got a new car.. no realising that we rather drive our old truck....
                          Then again I cant wait for this new bumper....
                          The repair bill for my truck was about £600 including a new towbar and took a day to fit parts,the hire car bill was nearly £2000 during which time I did only 170 miles!
                          I went with this service as it meant I could renew my insurance cover (due 2 weeks after bang) without paying higher premium at renewal as a claim was in progress.
                          What made it worse was that it was january at the time and we had a threat of decent snow at one point (never happened though) so didn't fancy sliding around in the Honda,which would also mean a huge excess to pay if I collided with anything.
                          Never did see how the promised 'equivalent 4x4' turned out to be a Honda CRV compared to my 4.2 LC.
                          At least you will appreciate your truck more when its returned-I did.

Comment

Originally posted by sniper View Post
                            The repair bill for my truck was about £600 including a new towbar and took a day to fit parts,the hire car bill was nearly £2000 during which time I did only 170 miles!
                            I went with this service as it meant I could renew my insurance cover (due 2 weeks after bang) without paying higher premium at renewal as a claim was in progress.
                            What made it worse was that it was january at the time and we had a threat of decent snow at one point (never happened though) so didn't fancy sliding around in the Honda,which would also mean a huge excess to pay if I collided with anything.
                            Never did see how the promised 'equivalent 4x4' turned out to be a Honda CRV compared to my 4.2 LC.
                            At least you will appreciate your truck more when its returned-I did.
                            hehe I know what u mean with equivalent 4x4...

yeah I am sure I will appreciate the truck a lot when she comes back....
                            My insurance is not affected as she backed into me and her insurance is sorting everything...
                            Not even sure if my insurance even knows lol

Anyway all good just cant wait to get her back... even if she is red lol

Comment

Working...
                            X