Unemployed vs Employed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unemployed vs Employed

With my car insurance coming up in November, thought I would do a test for the websites (confused and moneysupermarket).

If you enter the same details but choose unemployed (where you would think you would be driving less to save money) , I found that the prices being quoted started approximately £150 more than if you were in employment (I would be driving more) - get that one!

Also it was found that many companies dont come onto the quote system!
    Gaz

that's cos you're potentially driving around amongst the old biddies and shopping ladies, instead of safely tucked up safely in an air conditioned office building...

my car spends most of it's time parked on a forklift racetrack when i'm at work!!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

try telling them your disabled????????????/

Comment

I put retired on my on-line insurance application, got a really cheap quote too.

Comment

Try lots of different job titles and you will be surprised at the price ranges.

Comment

why cant you just insure YOURSELF like they do in america?
            i let my mates cousin drive the hummer we had because he was insured for himself.. not the car he drove.
            so this meant he could get in any car and drive it.

whereas im insured but only on my car

i was wondering if i could use an american insurance company to buy insurance for myself over here, and pay them with american express credit card in dollars, and be full and truthful - would they insure me as im not a US resident?
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

not in with lloyds..could be a problem
              Did I mention I have a BLUE one
              Tony

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                why cant you just insure YOURSELF like they do in america?
                i let my mates cousin drive the hummer we had because he was insured for himself.. not the car he drove.
                so this meant he could get in any car and drive it.

whereas im insured but only on my car

i was wondering if i could use an american insurance company to buy insurance for myself over here, and pay them with american express credit card in dollars, and be full and truthful - would they insure me as im not a US resident?
                most insurance covers you to drive any car though.
                if you're insured as a driver, what happens when your motor gets nicked?

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
                  most insurance covers you to drive any car though.
                  if you're insured as a driver, what happens when your motor gets nicked?
                  you then have to call up and re arrange cover for your new motor. unless it says you are covered third party only on another car
                  but then the other car has to be registered by someone else, and must NOT be yourself as the registered owner... to stop people having more than 1 car..
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Haven't you realized yet it's all a compleate con.

I'am insured personaly not my cars which brings up probs with the new police computers when you get stopped coz the vehicle comes up un insured but i am. they phoned my insirance company and on i went
                    www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post

I'am insured personaly not my cars which brings up probs with the new police computers when you get stopped coz the vehicle comes up un insured but i am. they phoned my insirance company and on i went
                      stupid isnt it.
                      i bet your pulled over every time you go in front of a police car..
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Who are you insured with and how does it work ?
                        I swear to drunk I`m not God.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post

surely you have to give them a list of the vehicles?... that's how fleet insurance works.

unless it's a trade policy, but then you'd have to run on trade plates and that would show up un the police computer.

Comment

Working...
                          X