Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back again!

Hi all!
    Finally arrived & kind of settled in Italy, and thoroughly enjoying it.
    G2 made it in one piece (nearly 1400km drive, fully laden, up though the Alps and down some rough roads), without loosing a drop of coolant and only burning a bit of oil, not too bad considering we were packed all the way to the roof, 2 German shepherds in the boot, pregnant wife in the front & lil one in the back!
    Thanks to everyone again for all the help before we left & thanks again in advance for the questions im going to be asking soon when I get round to doing some work on the truck as springs are looking a big saggy, Aircon is gone & exhaust is getting a bit noisy but cant seem to find the hole/break, seems like its coming from the top end someplace… Oh well looks like im kinda going in at the deep end because not very many people speak English around here, never mind working on a surf (it’s the only one I have seen in Italy so far and we have been down to Naples (from just outside Rome) quite a few times.
    Did go to the Toyota garage just out of curiosity though and the did exactly the same as they do in the UK (must be in the training manual)… lots of ohhh welll it may take a while ….not seen this before… not really anything to do with us, its an import…. Usual stuff.
    Weather is brilliant though, with it being in the mid 30’s for most of the day and dropping to 20’s at night & the locals are really friendly (and patient with trying to talk in Italian out a phrase book with a west coast Scottish accent!).
    Only a ten-minute rain shower, (we have been here since the start of July), but it could do with a proper storm to sort the garden out.
    Food is very good but not quite what I expected and the driving well…. glad I have bull bars on the truck….
    Anyhow if anyone is interested, instead of boring you all here, my better half has put all the pics etc on the following blog http://allthewiggins.blogspot.com/.
    Having a prob putting the proper pics on the site at the mo but will put some of the new truck up when we get a chance.

Glad to be back
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

welcome back mate,

Glad the new truck made it ok.....
    at least u got the good weather.....
    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Looks fantastic mate, and enjoyed the blog.

Well done for having the balls to do it! Meself, I keep looking at the avionics engineering jobs in Albuquerque, and wishing the ties I have to the UK could be overcome.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Just had a look at the pic's and read the blog....
        Looks ace...

Enjoy it mate....
        One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Cheers guys job is only for 2/3 years over here with NATO (thought Brit forces were a nightmare!), but we really like it already & are thinking about staying put for a bit longer. and i know what apache means (my family are all up in Scotland & Holli's lot are in the US in Georgia so torn between the two sometimes), But it was too good a chance to pass up. Good thing is we have access to the NEX so bring on the shiny stuff!.

Comment

2 to 3 years with NATO isn't too bad. their decision making process is ~5 years so chances are you wont have to do anything at all
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I Know been with them before quite a few times... Kinda hoping that our lot might forget about me!!!! not a bad place to be stuck in & work is not exactly taxing!

Sorry nearly forgot.... have a few questions about running the surf over here but have moved it to the tech forum rather than clogging this one up....

Pick of new truck is at
              http://s511.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=DSCF0563.jpg
              http://s511.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=DSCF0562.jpg

She is a bit saggy but you should see how much stuff was in the back!!!!

Thanks again guys.
              Last edited by wiggy; 14 August 2008, 15:46. Reason: moved a question to tech 3.0

Comment

Working...
              X