pretty cool truck..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pretty cool truck..

probably been seen by most, stumbled across it whilst researching..

clicky clicky

nice.....
    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Why do that much work and then fit Cepek tyres.
      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom 18 View Post
        Why do that much work and then fit Cepek tyres.
        price? quality? ......
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

I like that.

And what's wrong with Cepek tyres?
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            I like that.

And what's wrong with Cepek tyres?
            They are about £250 each. The tyres Clarckson used to drive to the North Pole was over 2K each. I just see all the other work done to that truck and thought why the cheap tyres.
            monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

They are about £250 each. The tyres Clarckson used to drive to the North Pole was over 2K each. I just see all the other work done to that truck and thought why the cheap tyres.
              Clarkson had an unlimited budget, you could build 2 of the trucks in the link above for the price of a set of his tyres, I know what I'd be spending my money on.

Comment

i wonder if that guy needs a new front end,
                i have one that colour,

Comment

Clarkson had an unlimited budget, you could build 2 of the trucks in the link above for the price of a set of his tyres, I know what I'd be spending my money on.
                  I don't think you could build two of them trucks for 8K.
                  monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

I don't think you could build two of them trucks for 8K.
                    How much then? Most of it is fabrication, if he did it himself, it's free (ish).

Still rather not spend £10k on tyres.

Comment

How much then? Most of it is fabrication, if he did it himself, it's free (ish).

Typical tight ar$ed scot

I do agree with you that id rather not splash £10K on tyres..

Without seeing how good a job of the fabrication he has made its hard to put some kind of cost on it. Artic trucks themselves aint that expensive for what they do. Ive read the build on the top gear hilux an others an they move the suspension forward on the front to handle the tyres without messing with the body mounts.

If i had access to some massive tyres an a cheap truck I'd give it a shot putting them on!

probably wouldn't have any turning circle but who needs to turn when it looks that damn cool!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                        probably wouldn't have any turning circle but who needs to turn when it looks that damn cool!!!!
                        Not like you need a tight turning circle when you've got a few hundred miles of unobstructed glacier to turn round on is it?
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                          Not like you need a tight turning circle when you've got a few hundred miles of unobstructed glacier to turn round on is it?
                          stop making good points!!

Ive seen the top gear hilux twice now an on both times i never thought to look underneath an see what kind of space there is.

on elite4x4 there is a pic of a truck that was kitted out at LAS an it looks like you couldnt turn the wheel for smashing the arches off but apparently its fine...

Comment

Them arches are are not short of £1000 I know then the suspension about £1500 then the Isuzu motor,gearbox and transfer box then all that GPS computer stuff then 66 gallons of fuel at what is it about 8 quid a gallon over there. Then the cheap tyres £1000 ish. And thats before you buy the doner vehicle. But I see what you mean I would'nt spend 8K on tyres either, but I do think some better tyres and maybe that guy would'nt need a new front end.
                            monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Working...
                            X